How to stream mycloud to Vizio smart tv?

Thanks, I’ll try that out. Right now I’m also having trouble where I can’t access the dashboard, or mycould from going to run /mycloud, or twonky interface from my main laptop. I CAN acess it from the software. I think I might have some sort of firewall issue? So when I get access to the other laptop that it works on I’ll look at things! I did set a password for Twonky, I thought I was supposed to. Pretty sure I did anyway… 

I didn’t know there was a difference between the smart capability and using something external. For me it was much cheaper to go with the smart tv. I bought a refurb 40" for $220. Much cheaper than the same size tv without smart capability and purchasing something additional. I also ended up with a completely new tv for the price when the refurb was still defective. I had been watching refurb and deals like woot.com for a couple months. I went with what was cheaper. If a regular tv with add on smart capability was cheaper, I would have done that. 

When I logged into twonky, it said activity status “not streaming”. I removed the username and password. 

“Can you see media on the USB drive using thàt? If you can, then Twonky has scanned your disk and added the media to its database.”

No. It only shows the folders on mycloud.

Why is it saying not streaming? I assume thats why I can’t even play the files that are showing up on my tv. How do I fix that part?

Ok so new problem. Taking the password off I think was the issue, so the tv doesn’t freeze up now when I try to play a file. But its telling me its not a supported codec? Its mp4 file… 

aaaand when I tried a second time to double check what it was saying it froze up again. 

Why is it saying not streaming?

That status message isn’t very useful. After a restart of the Twonky server, it reports that it is scanning. When scanning is complete, it reports ‘not streaming’. As soon as you first stream from it, it changes to ‘streaming’, and stays there, even when it’s not doing anything.

Thanks, I’ll try that out. Right now I’m also having trouble where I can’t access the dashboard, or mycould from going to run /mycloud, or twonky interface from my main laptop

You probably have a problem with a changed IP address.

It might be useful to read the Twonky FAQ, which discusses many of these issues.

I started a new thread about the problem with my main laptop. All other devices can access the dashboard fine. You seem to have skipped over my more recent post ;) 

What do I do about the tv problems? Like I said the files are showing now, but I still cannot play them. At one point I got so far as to get an error that I believe said it didn’t have the right codec. I’ve been unable to try again with that file, or any other file, because the same thing happens where my tv freezes up when I select the file. Then I have to turn off the tv, which will not turn back on again until I unplug it and hold the power button down, then plug back in. All of my files are formats listed as compatible with twonky. Can you even add codecs to a tv? But then again like I said I only got the codec thing once, whereas the other 10 times I’ve tried I just get a frozen tv when I try to select the file. 

I’ve read the twonky FAQ a dozen times now, actually quite possibly more since this has been over 2 months. if there is something in it that addresses my issues I’m not finding it. Much of the further along stuff is way over my head. If the answer is somewhere in there, I’d need to be pointed to the specific part. 

All of my files are formats listed as compatible with twonky

Twonky isn’t trying to play the files; your TV is. So you need to check container and codec compatibility for your TV.

Adding codecs to your TV? Unlikely. The best you might do is check its firmware is up-to-date.