How to fully remove all files from WD TV Live and upload a fresh firmware?

Hi All.

I am having issues with my WD TV Live where it is not able to open video/photo files anymore. These files had opened previously successfully.  Now when I open the same avi file it says that the format is not supported. I have updated the firmware however the issue remains.

Is there a way to full remove everything fron the WDTV (firmware/config etc) and then upload a fresh firmware so that I can have a clean base to start from?

Regards

only by installing WDLXTV

official firmware closest you can get is a factor reset, either via on screen menu or with the small reset button

oh and btw, flashing a firmware does not change any configuration files

Hi KAD79

Thank you for replying. I installed WDLXTV however my WD TV Live is still not able to play avi files that it was abl eto play previously.

How can I delete the configuration files?

Regards

WDLXTV does not change any codec’s

as for the full delete

there’s relevant info on how to do this at wdlxtv.com

basically log into the webend interface

open WEC configuration

last tab has a button, reset EVERYTHING

which delete’s the entire contents of /conf/

which stores all configuration files

KAD79 you are the man!

Your solution was spot on except that the nic card on the WD TV Live is not working anymore so I couldnt get to the webend. I had installed wdlxtv however that hadnt fixed the issue.

However, not wanting to give up, I did some research and found that I could add a wireless usb adapter to the unit. However not all wireless dongles are supported. Then someone mentioned on their blog that those with ralink chips are good. I remembered having one just like that … and viola! I was connected.

I went via the webend to the Config and then reset everything (downloaded the backup before doing this :wink: ). The restart after that took abit longer (4min with NO SIGNAL shown on the tv screen) but after that I could play my avis and mp4s … yay!!

Too bad the NIC is still busted but with the wireless usb … I am almost all as I was previously

Thank you thank you sooo much

PS. Wish wdlxtv would be able to crack the encryption on WD TV Live Streaming (gen3) so that I could get it on my friends unit

glad it worked for you,