How do you automate WD unlocker

I had my WD My Passport for Mac a couple of months and it seemed to work fine on Time Machine. Then I added some files to the drive by dragging them in. Ever since that day, every Time Machine backup has turned into a headache.

Time Machine suddenly had trouble creating new folders on the WD drive. Then a whole bunch of other brand new problems began. Finding no useful help on the WD support site forum, I deleted all the WD software from my computer just to get the WD drive to stop fighting with my computer and contesting my control over my files and backups.

Now I am down to the accursed, hidden and un-removable Unlocker, which cannot be run automatically but must be initiated manually before every backup. This un-desireable program forces me to manually stop what I am doing and manually unlock the drive EVERY time I want to make a Time Machine backup, regardless of the fact that I have Time Machine set to do this automatically. This takes the “background” out of the routine chore and puts it in my lap, which I consider very 1980-ish.

Bottom line, what software needs to be re-installed to get MY drive to unlock automatically?

I am using Macbook Pro Mid 2010, 13", with Sierra OS 10.12.6

PS I find the product name, “Passport” an oxymoron.