MY wd PASSPORT FOR MAC DISCONECTS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN MAC SCREEN TURNS OFF

Hello Everyone,

I hava a WD PASSPORT FOR MAC and i have a password to unlock my WD for protection of my files. The problem is when im working with the WD connected and I need to go out few minutes, my Mac automatically turns off the screen for energy saving, and the wd passport for Mac turn off and put disconnect, when im back to work I need to put again de the password and always my opened apps crashes because can’t find the wd passport files.

How can I do to correct this?
Thanks

M

You can set auto unlock on that system. There should be an option in the WD Security app tool.

Pity the auto-unlock doesn’t work. I’ve tried every setting (even removing the WD bloatware from the Mac completely) and the drive will not wake up when the screen wakes up, so the Time Machine backups fail. The only effective solution I’ve found is to unplug the drive and plug it back in.

I previously had a WD MyBook which worked almost flawlessly for over ten years - this WD product would make me look elsewhere next time.

Going through a similar problem to no avail. WD’s Customer Service was utterly useless. Regret buying this hard drive and will definitely steer clear from any WD product in the future.