Problem solved. Save my My cloud home. I can't access my device

How to install OpenMediaVault 6 on My Cloud Home.

Format a good quality bootable flash drive of at least 8GB with MBR partition.
Use Rufus to create the bootable pendrive with the parameters below.
“Free DOS”; MBR; BIOS; FAT32; Just select the “quick format” option.

After creation, delete the contents of the pendrive.
Unzip the contents of the downloaded OMV6 installation file to the root of the pendrive.

To start, the device(My Cloud Home) must be connected to the network.

1. Insert the flash drive into the device turned off, press RESET and turn on the device, press and hold RESET until the indicator stops flashing.

2. After 30-50 seconds, open CMD and connect via Telnet through the IP address assigned to the device, port 23. (example: telnet 192.168.1.100)

3. Enter the command below to create the HDD layout.

makepartshdd.sh

1. Reboot the device with the command below(When giving the command, the device will reboot.
    At this time, press reset and hold until the lights stop flashing again.
    In the same way as happened in step “1”. Otherwise, the device may restore the previous marking on its own.

cd / ; umount /mnt/* ; sync ; busybox reboot

1. After booting from the USB stick again, connect again via Telnet. check the partition table with the command below.
    It should contain 21 partitions instead of the factory firmware’s 24, otherwise repeat steps 1-4.

sgdisk /dev/sda -p

1. Now use the command below to install Debian 11.

installos.sh

1. Format the user partition with the command below:

make_ext4fs -L UserFolders /dev/sda21

1. Reboot the device with the command below. At this time, when the device turns off the lights, quickly remove the USB stick and wait.
    “The device must restart with the lights steady, otherwise something has gone wrong and you will have to redo the whole process.”

cd / ; umount /mnt/* ; sync ; busybox reboot

1. After 30-50 seconds connect via SSH to device IP address, port 22, root login, root password. (example: ssh -p 22 root@192.168.1.100)

2. Update the date and time with the commands below, one at a time. (Yes, the date and time format looks reversed, but that’s how it is.) (example: date 052217552023).

date MMDDhhmmYYYY
apt update
apt install gnupg
apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 7E7A6C592EF35D13
apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 24863F0C716B980B
apt-get install debian-archive-keyring
apt update

1. Now you can install OpenMediaVault6 using the command below.

/root/installomv6.sh

1. The process can be monitored by the CMD. It takes about 10 minutes until everything is downloaded from the Internet and installed.
    There will be an automatic reset at the end.

2. Now, using the browser, it will be possible to access the device by IP address.
    Login: admin
    Password: openmediavault

3. Within OMV6, configure the time for your region.
    Configure DNS if it doesn’t load automatically via DHCP.

Other more advanced settings can be done after initial installation, for that you will have to research further.
But the basics have already been done and it will be possible to use the device.

3 Likes