Hard drive 4 not manufactured by WD. WD ShareSpace can only operate using WD hard drives. Replace the drive

Dear Forum,

one of my HDD in my WDShareSpace was reported as defect and windows/10 explorer don’t show 50% of my folders anymore. WDShareSpace (S/N: WD80000A4NC-00) reports an error with the 4th HDD.

I bought a new HDD from WDD (SATA/32MB-WD20EADS).

I have insterted the new HDD in my NAS. Now the system reports a new error message:
“06/09 14:53:58 [HDD Status] Hard drive 4 not manufactured by WD. WD ShareSpace can only operate using WD hard drives. Replace the drive.”

New HDD S/N: [EDITED]

What’s wrong with the new HDD?

Thanks

RE: I’ve seen, the table of ShareSpare reports this product definition: ATA MB2000EAZNL. Guess this is the my problem. Someone sold me this model as an WD HDD.
Has someone experience with this model?

RE2: I bought the HDD direct from WD (Western Digital WD20EADS Caviar Green 2TB). Can someone explain me, why this is not working with my NAS (WDShareSpace 8TB)?

If you check the warranty by s/n of your HDD using this link - Warranty Status | WD Support
you’ll see “Invalid Serial Number”. Probably, due to this the box had rejected this drive for init. Something wrong with this drive, better to contact seller first.

Hello suitsof, thanks for your reply. I’ve recieved this HDD this week from Western Digital via amazon.de. So it’s brand new.
I’ve sent a message to WD via amazon, Now I’am waiting for an explanation.

Probably, I’ll have to send the HDD right back.

Thx