G-Speed Shuttle SSD / macOS Monterey / Apple Silicon M1 Max

Having to use the Promise build to make the drives work on the original M1 Macs was bad enough. I know the G-Tech folks are just bundling the Promise controllers, etc. but at least they could pretend to care about the Mac.
When I first contacted support they blamed Apple and said Apple was working on a fix.

I just left Apple after being an employee there for 26 years in PM, so I asked for Radar numbers. Who are you working with? What team? What’s the ETA?
That quickly dissolved into “we are working on it” and “real soon” and my favorite “Monterey was a surprise”.
This of course was topped only by “reformat it as Ex-Fat”.

I imagine this line of products have a small number of customers and of those a small percentage are macOS users, so building and maintaining macOS flavors of their drivers and utility software is not terribly cost effective. That’s fine. But if they don’t intend to provide decent, basic support for their hardware, they should not market it to macOS using customers.

It is terribly disappointing, especially considering how central the Mac was to the original G-Technology company.