G Drive USB C 4 TB Back up failed on Mojave

I have had a G Drive USB C 4 TB external hard drive for about a year and it has worked without a problem
i upgraded my I Mac to Mojave and shortly after i got the following message

Backup failed Time machine couldn’t backup to G Drive USB C

I have tried everything i can think of, upgraded the firmware, deleted apps that i read would affect the backup.

I have reformatted using the advice given on Mac forums and still no joy

I bought a 1 TB Seagate portable drive and that backup without any problem

I went to the Apple store where i bought the G Drive and they replaced the drive FOC but i still have the same problems with the new drive.

Any advice would be appreciated

Michael

The only issue we’ve seen is due to certain applications having issues with Mojave backups which you detailed in your post already. As long as the drive is erased and you select the correct drive in Time Machine preferences you should have no issue. Are you getting an actual error after selecting the device as the backup device?

Hi,
I am also having problems backing up since upgrading to mojave my last full back up was September! the drive connects as normal says it is preparing back up, after hours it finally starts to back up then stops! over half of the 1TB drive is free so I don’t know what the issue is, anyone any suggestions?

Hi,
I am also having trouble backing ups since upgrading to Mojave.-

the drive connects as normal says it is preparing back up, after hours it finally starts to back up then stops! over half of the 1TB drive is free so I don’t know what the issue is, anyone any suggestions?