While I think that WD has attempted to put in some more features into this new Firmware and the player definately boots up quickly, it might have been released a bit prematurely at the cost of a decent round of testing. Bugs Discovered in addition to previous posts:
- MOV files no longer contain audio. I can confirm that on Firmware 2.01.86 that they do have audio as I have rolled back;
- The SiriusXM app exits out of a station randomly; Does not happen with previous firmware.
- When switching between apps, there is some sort of memory leak, as the system hangs, then freezes;
- Netflix screen dims when buffering content and remains dim throughout. This happens periodically.
- Problems reading ID3 tags of MP3s. Titles, Artist Name, Album, etc. do not appear when playing MP3s files despite ID3 tags existing.
- No way to continuously play files (ie. next file starts playing upon previous file’s completion). Only choices under play mode are repeat one, repeat all, shuffle, and shuffle repeat.
As stated before, these should have been caught during alpha and beta testing. I have since rolled back to previous firmware, but hope that WD can fix these problems quickly, since they did work before.
P.S. Please add the Amazon Instant Video app to your new firmware release in the future. It would greatly benefit your users and put your player at the top of the list, since all of the other WD features far exceed those of other players.