Entware: the ultimate repo for embedded devices

WDCommunity proudly presents: Entware, a package manager with about 2000 packages for embedded devices.
This application is like the swiss army knife of embedded devices.
It’s a bit less full-fledged compared to Docker, but it’s also much lighter.

It has NO graphical frontend, so you can only interact with it via SSH. Some other apps however may depend on the presence of this Entware app.

This app ships with a persistent home directory, so your cache and config is no longer lost on reboot, e.g. authorized SSH keys. My goal is to move this into a separate app though.

This installer gets you the latest version of Entware, the next generation branch of the former Optware.
An internet connection is required during installation.

Download link

OS3 thread
Package Source
Report issues

1 Like

I’ll add a remark that an internet connection is required… I thought it was obvious as it’s an installer to access a package repo.

The PATH is updated via the included /etc/profile. Source it or open up a fresh shell.
Note that this app may not interfere with the base OS scripts as the signature of some apps is different.

How does a person install Entware? Previously, I downloaded a bin file from WD community, but won’t install on OS5. I looked at github, are we now supposed to download the code, compile it as a bin file?

Daryl

Thank you.

Daryl

hi, your download link seems to be broken.( Service End for Bintray, JCenter, GoCenter, and ChartCenter | JFrog ) Any working OS5 entware installer ?

I grabbed the OS5 apps before JFrog terminated it services.

I’ve shared Entware for OS5 here: entware_20.11.17_DL4100.bin - Google Drive
Unforunatly I didn’t get the packages for the other NASs.

1 Like

@ToXinE , try here:

1 Like

thx, i’ll try that when I’ll have some spare time :slight_smile: thanks for your help !

I need to install Entware before I can install tautulli on my PR2100, but the download link doesn’t have the .bin I need to install. How can I install this? Thank you!

https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/wd-community/DL2100/raw/names/entware/versions/21.04.07/entware_21.04.07_DL2100.bin

1 Like

Tried this on my PR2100 (OS5) and couldn’t get it to work. Should it have?

I think you need to read this once you have installed the Entware app . . . .