Easy method to downgrade to previous version of the firmware

Thank you for your answers guys. As I wrote before I had still problems after successful firmware downgrade – problems after connecting USB disc with cloud response and updating my previous safepoint. So I realized some advices from dubie and cloud now works very good :smiley:

First I made system restore only, after that I stopped media and itunes server and restarted. Through this I checked my USB WD MyCloud on PC – everything was OK. At first it didn’t help but after 2nd restart and waiting a few minutes after start it was good and cloud worked with USB disc correctly - I saw previous safepoint and I updated it manually and in the night automatically too. I used cloud for 3 days and I successfully updated safepoint again with no problem and response is OK. It appears that everything is OK – now I see the remaining capacity, safepoints, I have access with wd2go.com and from smartphone app WD my cloud (only WD Photos doesn’t work). I can recommend and help with this procedure everybody who has similar problems.

But I want ask some other things. I want use DLNA media server with my TV and itunes server with itunes app. What do you think, when I turn these servers on, will also cloud work correctly?

And I didn’t do one thing, I didn’t wipe all the hidden files and kill the media scanning services as dubie recommend on http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Hidden-wdmc-directories-created-by-mcserver-and-photodbmerger/td-p/682091. I admit that I didn’t understand the aim and what will happens when I do this. Does it influence media and itunes servers? I know this is the other theme it will be better I write there, but I will be very happy if you can simple explain me the aim of deleting the .wdmc hidden folders and disabling wdmcserverd and wdphotomergerd.