Drive Missing File Type Missing

My passport lost the driver ID and file type; and I cannot open, need data

Dear susanpbutler

I understand that you cannot access the data stored on your External Hard Drive. I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you and I assure you I will do my best to assist you.

There are many reasons why a hard drive might be inaccessible; the first and easier to check are the USB connections of your device. Please make sure to use a different USB cable and to connect the drive either to a different USB port or a different computer. If this does not resolve the issue, we would also suggest that you try as many steps as possible provided in the articles below depending on your operating system.

If you suspect that your drive might be faulty, you may review the article below which provides instructions on how to determine a defective drive.

In case you would like us to assist you live, you can call us directly or start a live chat with us by clicking on the chat icon at the bottom right-hand side of your screen. Alternatively, you can reply to this e-mail with your answers and we will be more than happy to review the case further.