Do More - Server Error

Ooo any news of when we might get the update?

the message only says “next few days” but doesn’t give details of which if any bugs may be fixed.

Details here. Someone using backup with onedrive or instagram is no longer supported

2 Likes

Promising though that it mentions changes to the Do More section

So, This is the reason of “Do More” Error.

I hope new firmware can Add New Libraries with diffrent directory, Not only one “Shared Movies” can be used.

They need to get this firmware update rolled out sharpish if this is the cause of the error. It’s unacceptable to have one of the main features of the device just broken for days without any explanation.

You can separate Shared Movies into many subfolders as you want. Plex still scans all of them. Nothing to worry about that.
The problem now is when you can “do more” to install Plex

1 Like

Your right. It’s driving me mad. I was so excited to get this and I’ve not been able to use it for the reason I bought it for 4 days now

When someone gets the update, post on here and let us know if it solved the issue

1 Like

They are updating the firmware at this moment. I received an e-mail with a little explanation, it’s only in dutch. Do More apps aren’t accessible at this moment.

In de komende paar dagen zullen we de firmware en het besturingssysteem van My Cloud™ Home en My Cloud™ Home Duo-apparaten gaan bijwerken. De update zal tot betere beveiliging en grotere betrouwbaarheid van het apparaat leiden.

De update omvat tevens wijzigingen in de Do More-apps. Channels DVR, Instagram™-, Box™-, OneDrive™- en Alexa-integraties zullen niet langer worden ondersteund. Andere Do More-apps zullen opnieuw moeten worden geïnstalleerd. Raadpleeg onze [FAQ] voor meer informatie.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Het My Cloud-team

Thank you for the info. I put the message info Google translate (I need to leave a language… Maybe Dutch is the way to go!)

Anyway, I can see it says about the firmware update, but o doesn’t say anything about Do More being unavailable. I just think it’s pretty poor for it to be unavailable for so long without it being publicised openly.

Fingers crossed though when it’s back it’s all worth it!

Thank you for your comment.

For more information regarding this issue, please see the following post:

https://community.wd.com/t/my-cloud-home-ibi-do-more-server-error/277701/3

The service has been restored. Please see the following post:

1 Like

Better install Plex after update firmware.

Yes. Finally it’s fixed. But we must still wait for a new firmware update before installing plex ir anything in Do More. Lol

Thanks for the update.

I’ve installed Plex. However, yes, after the firmware update, I will need to reinstall, so but reluctant to do a lot right now

Another problem!!

You can install plex, but you can’t configure it
When you click “Configure” button, the browser goes to a blank or error page.

What the hell are you doing, WD team???

Hi…I had to try a couple of times, but it worked for me eventually. Later on my Plex server showed offline. I couldn’t get it going again. Had to disable Plex, restart my device and enable it again

Confirmed, the configure for Plex gives a 502 page after reinstalling

This page isn’t working

is the message I get

I reinstalled Plex. And it’s never completed. The “Configure” button always keep loading, and after a few minutes, it shows error like below.
Before the big issue “Do More”, it’s always fine. But now, here is it.
It’s totally wrong to believe in WD quality. Two issues in one week.
Please, fix this and give me some hope that I can believe in a WD product next time. That’s terrible.