Do More - Server Error

Hi. I’ve just bought a MyCloud Home NAS. I want to set up Plex, but when I go to the Do More section I just get a screen saying “Server Error - please try later”. I’ve been getting this for over 24 hours.

Everything else seems to be working, I can upload files and access then, I just cannot reach the do more section.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 Likes

Me too.

I thought my HOME go to wrong, so I reset it, But still is “Do More - Server Error” .

1 Like

I have the same problem in the last few days. I have a 4TB and an 8TB, and with both I can’t access the “Do More” section. I need it to configure my Plex account. I’m trying on the Web App and on the iPhone app. On the Web App there is always the error message "Server Error. Please try again later. On the iPhone App nothing happens instead. Please help!

1 Like

I am having this issue too, i have performed a system restore, and completely changed Ethernet cables etc, not sure what else to do? been having this error for nearly 3 days now

2 Likes

I hope someone can help with this soon. It’s one of the main reasons I bought it, but can’t use it for what I want at the moment

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Support keeps sending me to KBs that have nothing to do with this problem we are having. I would like to return this, but I’m past the cutoff date.

2 Likes

How long have people been having this problem for then?

@Lkea11 I didn’t used mine for 3 weeks until last Sunday, so I can’t say for the others. From my perspective, it’s been at least a week.

1 Like

I look my web history.

2022-05-18 begin this error.

My Cloud Home” begin 404.

1 Like

This is exactly problem that I’m facing. I bought a new 6tb last thursday. And the problem has started at friday night. I erased all data, changed account, tried with new internet connection. And I also went to store and test with a new device, same model. The staff in store was very confused because error occured in a new device. Lol

NO ONE CARES THIS FATAL PROBLEM. SERIOUSLY, WD SUPPORT TEAM???
Are you selling just a large storage USB with a NAS device cost?

1 Like

So even with a new device in the store the problem was the same??

As I say, I can upload and access files…I just can’t access the do more section to install on plex, which is the whole reason I bought this device. I’ve opened up a supportv ticket. Let me know if anyone gets sent answers to this issue

1 Like

Complete error message in browser is :
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘offsetParent’)
at Object.window.aa.getLinkDetails (:135:21)
at HTMLAnchorElement. (launch-ENd8448c7dd95d4b6baacdd65a3250aef4.min.js:17:25315)
at HTMLDocument. (launch-ENd8448c7dd95d4b6baacdd65a3250aef4.min.js:17:24888)
services:1 Access to fetch at ‘https://prod2.wdckeystone.com/appcatalog/v2/applications/auth0|5cfd42908f25710cb073b095/e7f38b10-6c6c-40c2-afd8-0fe0f4d0cf16/’ from origin ‘https://home.mycloud.com’ has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn’t pass access control check: No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request’s mode to ‘no-cors’ to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.
prod2.wdckeystone.com/appcatalog/v2/applications/auth0|5cfd42908f25710cb073b095/e7f38b10-6c6c-40c2-afd8-0fe0f4d0cf16/:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED
main.f7697f338b827d50f434.js:2 Uncaught (in promise) Error: SERVER_ERROR
at main.f7697f338b827d50f434.js:2:61101
at 546.b3b834d8d1cbcf644f07.js:2:826632
at dispatch (546.b3b834d8d1cbcf644f07.js:2:830590)
at main.f7697f338b827d50f434.js:2:101793

1 Like

Yes. I went to another store in the city, ask to buy. So they let me check a new sealed device. I turned it on, logged in with my account, setup, clicked “Do more”.
And boom, “Server error” message appeared. So I told them that new device had been broken, and I left. But I knew the truth is nothing was broken.

In my country, there’s no way to contact to WD support. You can only have warranty if you have any problems with hardware. I buy it because I want a server media player in my home. So now, it’s just a useless paperweight

1 Like

Same issue here
Just received my 4tb version from Amazon today, and straight out of the box I can’t use it for the intended purpose! Frustrated beyond belief to see others having the same issue for a long time. Anyone spoken to a support technician and got this officially logged?
Considering packing it up and sending back to Amazon!

1 Like

I got an email from support basically completely missing the point and telling me how to install Plex and set it up. The very point is, I cannot get to the section I need to to install Plex and configure it. It’s crazy!!!

1 Like

Same here. This must be an active issue - WD Team please resolve this ■■■■ !
My 4TB Cloud Home arrived today, works, except for the “Do More” part.

1 Like

I’m actually glad to see it’s not just me. I thought I’d set it up wrong

2 Likes

for those of you with registered devices, look in your email for an email “Upcoming My Cloud™ Home firmware update” about a firmware push, not sure if it will fix this issue.