Distinction between Cloud User List and User List

Hello,

like some other users I have some trouble with the new MyCloud OS 5. I attached two screenshots. One screenshot is the list of Cloud users. This list should match the users list in the second screenshot. But there is one user (Lisa) which is not created in the users list.Therefore I can not delete Lisa, because she is not in the users list, only in the Cloud Users list.

Has anybody a clue how to solve this problem? The problem occurs since I updated to OS5. I miss OS3 so much :cry:

WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra with OS 5.09.115 2x 3TB.

Thank you very much

Kind regards,
RAIDLevel6!

A suggestion. If you click the down arrow/triangle icon at the bottom of the User List, does the missing user, and or additional users show up?

You may want to see, if you haven’t already, the dedicated OS5 EX Series subforum where there is much more discussion on OS5 EX2 Ultra issues.

OS5 EX Series

It should be noted that some have decided to roll back to OS3 to regain lost features/options. See the following discussion in the OS5 EX Series subforum.

1 Like

As a last resort. . .The “4 second reset” (aka system restore) will blow away all the user accounts; but leave the shares (and data) intact.

Note that in terms of account management, it is my firm belief that OS5 will work more-or-less the same on all the WD NAS units.

In terms of day-to-day at-home usage with PC’s. . . OS/5 seems fine. . . .it’s all the WD app (phone, web) stuff that really is where the pile begins to stinks

1 Like

If one wants to “blow away all the user accounts” while keeping the user data they should do a 40 second reset with power off.

My Cloud OS 5: How to Reset a My Cloud OS 5 Device

Critical: The following process is Not Data Destructive and will not impact user data on the device.

Option A: 4 Second Reset (Reset with Power On)

The 4 Second Reset will reset the following:

• Admin Password (no default password, new password enforced)
  • Network Mode (Default = DHCP )

Note: The 4 Second Reset will only reset the Admin Password. It will not reset the Admin User Name. In order to reset the Admin User Name perform Option B - the 40 Second Reset outlined below.

Option B: 40 Second Reset (Reset with Power Off)

The 40 Second Reset, also known as System Only Restore, will reset the following:

• Admin User Name (default = “admin”)
  • Admin Password (no default password, new password enforced)
  • Device Name Changes to Default
  • SSH (Secure Shell) User Name and Password (default = “sshd” no default password, new password enforced)
  • Remove all Users except Admin
  • All Share permissions (default = Public)
  • Automatic Firmware Update (default = off)
  • Network Mode (default = DHCP)
  • Remove all Alerts
  • Active Directory configuration (default = off)
  • Cloud Connection (default = Disabled)
  • mycloud.com account association (default = not configured)
  • Installed 3rd part Apps and App Settings are removed - No Default App
  • Backup jobs (default = not configured)
  • Windows Protocol = SMB2,SMB3
  • NT LAN Manager = NTLMv2 only
1 Like

Hello Benor,

thank you very much for your resonse. Sorry for my late response, I had some exams this week.
I clicked the down and up icon, other users show up, but not the missing one.

I will check the subforum for more discussions. Thanks.

At this moment I do not want to switch back to OS. I am afraid of bricking my NAS and this is my only problem.

Thank you very much again. Have a nice day
Kind regards

Thanks for the detailed instruction. I will try it soon, after all my important exams.

Have da nice day :blush: