DeVicious Gallery Theme 1.8 Beta (Nov 6th)

mosbricka wrote:

Looks awesome but I can’t get it to work. The sheets looks alright but on the hub it doesn’t show up. Maybe it helps if you upload your moded theme.

Thank you Mosbricka,

I have uploaded the first beta of the theme in this thread a couple of days ago, the movie sheets however should work without it too, I have posted a screenshot how to setup thumbgen in order for the movie sheet to get triggered by the xml.

If you download the first beta please acknowledge that it is a preview of the basic design, it is only useable in video gallery mode with library off in this version, a newer more improved version is coming tomorrow.

shadow_cruiser wrote:

Awesome work!. I personally liked the design of the 1.03 beta better. More simple and suits the hub well

I will keep that in mind, the general idea is to make 1 fully functional theme which is hard enough for me as a n00b and afterwards I will offer a whole bunch of skins for the theme where the skins is replaced and a selection of movie sheet templates that will work with all the those skins. The graphic designs are the easiest for me, the xml stuff is the hardest part for me since I don’t have any experience with that :slight_smile:

I found it now! :slight_smile:   You should edit your first post if possible with all the updated links, images and stuff like a summary of your work. 

edit: Got it to work on my hub and it looks totally amazing! Just what I’ve been looking for. :slight_smile:

Just tried the tv show’s and don’t know if i am doing something wrong byt the red case that tells you which thumbnail you are on covers the episode info on the thumbnail.

Do i need to change anything

thanks

you did nothing wrong, I did :smileyvery-happy:

like I said everything is still in beta phase, within the next 24 hours I will upload the 2nd stage of the theme and adjusted templates, some parts of the theme will already have the final version but there are still a lot of graphical things to do!

Ok thanks

Really liking this theme

I turned off the media library and all my folder icons show up.

I have all my movies seperated by genre. within the genre folder is all the movie files[not in individual folders]

If I enter a genre folder. I see all the movies icons across the bottom. scrolling is nice and quick. I see the DeVicious background. After about 2 seconds I see the background get a little darker but the moviesheet itself does not load.

You already have my test files.

Hi Drizzt :slight_smile:

answered in private message already what the issue is with the particular demo folders

as long your xml file refers to your movie sheet locally it will always work.

<backdrop>moviefile.extension_sheet.jpg</backdrop>

new Version of the theme is coming tonight or tomorrow morning :stuck_out_tongue:

New version uploaded here

for detailed infos and preview please go back to the original post on page 1

1 Like

Best theme just got better. :slight_smile:

Hello DeVicious.
Awesome theme. Really well done. :slight_smile:

thank you guys :smiley:

there are clearly better ones Mosbricka but I am already happy when my TV doesn’t explode since those xml are still hyroglyphs to me sometimes :slight_smile:

Friends use following code in rv_gallery_browse_page. Just CTRL+C and CTRL+V and see the magic. (Replace all). You can always take a backup. Yet you won't require it :smiley:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!-- This document was created with Syntext Serna Free. -->
<page background="./image/RV-BG-VIDEO.jpg">
  <image image="image/keyboard_mask_bg.png" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" bg="1" disable="@@disable-thumbnail-bg"/>
  <image image="@@preview_rect_image" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" bg="1" default_image="@@default_preview_rect_image" textcolor="@@preview_rect_color" keycolor="1" ignore_keycolor="1"/>
  <image image="image/Gallery/video_browse_gallery_overlay.png" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" bg="1"/>
  <ctrlgrp>
    <include filename="./rv_multi_edit_ctrls.xml"/>
    <include filename="./rv_browse_common_ctrls.xml"/>
    <linebreak/>
    <listbox valkey="browselist" move="row" cols="7" rows="1" lbmask="ud" loop_scroll="1" turbo_trigger="35" turbo_multi="35" autoenter="1" fixed_scrolling_col="3" hormove="1"/>
  </ctrlgrp>
<!--arrows --> <image image="@@metadata_left_arrow" x="25" y="650" w="39" h="53" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="75"/>
  <image image="@@metadata_right_arrow" x="1200" y="650" w="39" h="53" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="75"/>
  <widgetghost valkey="marquee" x="29" y="448" w="1226" h="186" ctrlname="browselist" step="10">
<!--thumbnail bg --> <wrapper y="471" w="122" h="169" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_0" x="143" disable="@@bg_disable_0" active="@@act-browselist-0"/>
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_1" x="289" disable="@@bg_disable_1" active="@@act-browselist-1"/>
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_2" x="435" disable="@@bg_disable_2" active="@@act-browselist-2"/>
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_3" x="581" disable="@@bg_disable_3" active="@@act-browselist-3"/>
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_4" x="727" disable="@@bg_disable_4" active="@@act-browselist-4"/>
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_5" x="873" disable="@@bg_disable_5" active="@@act-browselist-5"/>
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_6" x="1020" disable="@@bg_disable_6" active="@@act-browselist-6"/>
    </wrapper>
<!--thumbnail bg_f --> <wrapper y="463" w="134" h="187" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_0" x="137" disable="@@bg_f_disable_0" active="@@act-browselist-0"/>
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_1" x="283" disable="@@bg_f_disable_1" active="@@act-browselist-1"/>
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_2" x="429" disable="@@bg_f_disable_2" active="@@act-browselist-2"/>
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_3" x="575" disable="@@bg_f_disable_3" active="@@act-browselist-3"/>
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_4" x="721" disable="@@bg_f_disable_4" active="@@act-browselist-4"/>
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_5" x="867" disable="@@bg_f_disable_5" active="@@act-browselist-5"/>
      <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_6" x="1013" disable="@@bg_f_disable_6" active="@@act-browselist-6"/>
    </wrapper>
<!--selected item--> <wrapper y="456" w="150" h="190" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
      <image image="@@checked_0" x="143" active="@@act-browselist-0"/>
      <image image="@@checked_1" x="289" active="@@act-browselist-1"/>
      <image image="@@checked_2" x="435" active="@@act-browselist-2"/>
      <image image="@@checked_3" x="581" active="@@act-browselist-3"/>
      <image image="@@checked_4" x="727" active="@@act-browselist-4"/>
      <image image="@@checked_5" x="873" active="@@act-browselist-5"/>
      <image image="@@checked_6" x="1020" active="@@act-browselist-6"/>
    </wrapper>

<!--thumbnail --> <wrapper y="460" w="114" h="161" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
      <image image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" x="147" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_0" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" active="@@act-browselist-0" name="th0"/>
      <image image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" x="293" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_1" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" active="@@act-browselist-1" name="th1"/>
      <image image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" x="439" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_2" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" active="@@act-browselist-2" name="th2"/>
      <image image="@@browse_3_thumbnail" x="585" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_3" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_3" active="@@act-browselist-3" name="th3"/>
      <image image="@@browse_4_thumbnail" x="731" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_4" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_4" active="@@act-browselist-4" name="th4"/>
      <image image="@@browse_5_thumbnail" x="877" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_5" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_5" active="@@act-browselist-5" name="th5"/>
      <image image="@@browse_6_thumbnail" x="1023" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_6" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_6" active="@@act-browselist-6" name="th6"/>
    </wrapper>
<!--thumbnaili_f --> <wrapper y="452" w="150" h="190" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
      <image image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" x="141" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_0" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" active="@@act-browselist-0" name="th0_f"/>
      <image image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" x="287" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_1" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" active="@@act-browselist-1" name="th1_f"/>
      <image image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" x="433" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_2" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" active="@@act-browselist-2" name="th2_f"/>
      <image image="@@browse_3_thumbnail" x="579" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_3" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_3" active="@@act-browselist-3" name="th3_f"/>
      <image image="@@browse_4_thumbnail" x="725" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_4" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_4" active="@@act-browselist-4" name="th4_f"/>
      <image image="@@browse_5_thumbnail" x="871" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_5" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_5" active="@@act-browselist-5" name="th5_f"/>
      <image image="@@browse_6_thumbnail" x="1018" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_6" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_6" active="@@act-browselist-6" name="th6_f"/>
    </wrapper>
<!--folder thumbnail --> <wrapper y="460" w="114" h="161" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th0" x="147" disable="@@folder_disable_0" default_image="@@thumb_folder_0_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-0"/>
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th1" x="293" disable="@@folder_disable_1" default_image="@@thumb_folder_1_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-1"/>
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th2" x="439" disable="@@folder_disable_2" default_image="@@thumb_folder_2_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-2"/>
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th3" x="585" disable="@@folder_disable_3" default_image="@@thumb_folder_3_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-3"/>
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th4" x="731" disable="@@folder_disable_4" default_image="@@thumb_folder_4_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-4"/>
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th5" x="877" disable="@@folder_disable_5" default_image="@@thumb_folder_5_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-5"/>
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th6" x="1023" disable="@@folder_disable_6" default_image="@@thumb_folder_6_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-6"/>
    </wrapper>
    <wrapper y="452" w="126" h="179" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th0" x="141" disable="@@folder_f_disable_0" default_image="@@thumb_folder_0_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-0"/>
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th1" x="287" disable="@@folder_f_disable_1" default_image="@@thumb_folder_1_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-1"/>
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th2" x="433" disable="@@folder_f_disable_2" default_image="@@thumb_folder_2_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-2"/>
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th3" x="579" disable="@@folder_f_disable_3" default_image="@@thumb_folder_3_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-3"/>
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th4" x="725" disable="@@folder_f_disable_4" default_image="@@thumb_folder_4_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-4"/>
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th5" x="871" disable="@@folder_f_disable_5" default_image="@@thumb_folder_5_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-5"/>
      <image image="thumb_folder_icon://th6" x="1018" disable="@@folder_f_disable_6" default_image="@@thumb_folder_6_default_image" active="@@act-browselist-6"/>
    </wrapper>
<!--focus --> <wrapper y="448" w="160" h="205" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
      <image image="@@frame_0" x="137"/>
      <image image="@@frame_1" x="283"/>
      <image image="@@frame_2" x="429"/>
      <image image="@@frame_3" x="575"/>
      <image image="@@frame_4" x="721"/>
      <image image="@@frame_5" x="867"/>
      <image image="@@frame_6" x="1013"/>
    </wrapper>
  </widgetghost>
  <image image="@@bg-PIP_ZOOM" x="620" y="250" w="49" h="42" disable="@@disable-PIP_ZOOM" active="@@act-PIP_ZOOM"/>
  <image image="@@play_stat" x="787" y="406" w="35" h="40"/>
  <image image="@@speed_stat" x="823" y="414" w="39" h="21"/>
  <text x="450" y="160" w="372" h="26" text="@@text-options" fontsize="24" textcolor="0x07b5ff" align="hcenter" disable="@@disable-text-options"/>
 <text x="140" y="670" w="1000" h="24" text="@@browse_text" fontsize="24" textcolor="0xffffff" align="hcenter" speed="1" delay="1" />
  <include filename="./rv_multi_edit_widgets_for_gallery.xml"/>
</page>

@ DeVicious: You can also use the same code. You would be able to use it better than me... I am just a novice.... copy this code from some other theme and use it :smiley:

Hello Hello :smileyvery-happy:

thank you for sharing the code, I tried it and I don’t see much of a difference except that it shows the movie title on the bottom of the page but it deletes a bunch of things that should be there such as the icons / widges, the time and the ratings it also makes me loose the drive I am on since I am running 3 hard drives and I always like to see where I am.

Maybe you care to elaborate what else this code can do that I haven’t mentioned.

I encourage everyone to try and see if they like it more.

Thanx again for sharing :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for the update, will load now and test later tonight.

Like that you are updating in the 1st post… thanks for that. Like that you switched to mediafire too… thanks

hehe i might be blonde and not too bright in the head but even I remember that mediafire is less hassle and finding an update in a 6 page thread is painful, lol

btw i made my own demos because i made some minor allignement changes, the video files aren’t real videos those are dummies so better don’t run them

Just found this forum a week ago (about a week after I plugged my Live Hub in for the first time) and have been having a blast ever since! I must say that I LOVE the layout of the movie sheet in your DeVicious, I just wish there was a way to combine it with the speed and hub theme of the Aeonish theme.  Is there any way to speed up the delay?

yes there is a way actually but at this point thumbgen cannot generate the code for it. I just started testing it today and have to edit a bunch of xml files to see if there will accur a memory problem or not.

Aeonish and a few others are using the thumbnails and the movie sheets on the same file which is extremely fast very innovative and totally cool, i love this “trick”

I decided however not to do this for 2 reasons, the quality of the sheets is not the as good, it is bit more blurry, noticeable enough on a good TV and it can’t be used with library mode off which is the most important thing for me personally because I can’t stand libraries, I have no use for them except that sometimes i have to restart the hub in order to get my new files included. I’d probably could use them for ratings but in the end of the day i’ll always remember that Borat was funny and ■■■■■■ Punch was ■■■■ :smileyvery-happy:

Tomorrow I will test the work around for the movie sheets and if it is working good I’ll upload some demos and will forward it to thumbgen and see if he is willing to include it. Now I actually wanna watch a movie, lol!

PS i dont deserve much credit for the movie sheet lay out, the basic layout is from the  Lstar_Alucard_Mod_Split-Sheet_Movie (FullFan)(CoverBox)… al i did was adjusting it to my theme and rearranged some graphics that weren’t necessary, the TV Episode Sheets I added the episode title, season and episode number, the episode thumbs are my idea :slight_smile:

Well I certainly appreciate your hard work! The movie sheet looks great! I wonder if it would be possible to create a spare movie sheet in ThumbGen with your theme along side the Aeon Template movie sheet and edit the xml to replace the Aeon sheet with yours.

Cant wait to test but Im on the “On-Call” Team at work and I just got engaged. logged in remotely from home. Depends on how long im engaged to determine if I get to test tonight :frowning:

Cant wait to see the images once admin approves. Should setup shares at picasa too and post links temp till admins approve your images.

Do you think the double template in TG for TV will work as desired [main template and extra template]?