DeVicious Gallery Theme 1.8 Beta (Nov 6th)

VanSmak wrote:

…I wonder if it would be possible to create a spare movie sheet in ThumbGen with your theme along side the Aeon Template movie sheet and edit the xml to replace the Aeon sheet with yours.

Van Smak… I am not sure I understand the task exactly. Generally yes you can create up to 3 moviesheets per process in ThumbGen the thing is they would all be coded into the xml file as “Backdrop” and would run in a slideshow.

There is also the thing that the DeVicious Sheets and the Aeonish sheets are not compatible since we use different techniques. His sheets are called “moviename.jpg” same as my thumbnails. He is working with a “trick” where the thumbnail and movie sheets are side by side in the same file, in order to display the thumbnail he is panning into the sheet and diplays a particular area, sets the movie sheets part on the layer behind that and uses a samller version where I have the fanart. It is totally genius!!! The problem that will occur is that my sheets won’t work in his theme and vice versa. In my theme you’d see the thumbnail on the right and on his theme you would see full screen thumbnail in the back. If there was a way how to make his theme work with another moviesheet name then you could run his sheets in library mode and my sheets in library off mode because my sheets go in the background behind his layers and his layers are only triggered in Library mode, I assume you’d need to ask him if it is possible to change the file names.

Another option and that is what I am doing / was doing is to add my WDTV Live Hub conent folder as a network drive, this way you can run ThumbGen directly on your hub without making painful copies or have to carry it around and hook it up to USB. You can configure thumbgen that it will overwrite existing files, let’s say you’d like to replace my thumbs with his sheets simply run over them with Thumbgen and my thumbs will be gone but my sheets is still there, however the xml file will only work with his theme. If you’d like to replace his sheets with mine, run Thumbgen with my templates and it will overwrite his sheets with my thumbnail and add my sheet plus the corresponding xml.

I hope i have you thoroughly confused now :smileyvery-happy:

If you tell me exactly what you’d like to achieve I am sure i can explain it with a few words and more easy :slight_smile:

Cant wait to see the images once admin approves. Should setup shares at picasa too and post links temp till admins approve your images.

Do you think the double template in TG for TV will work as desired [main template and extra template]?

1. I didn’t even know my images aren’t showing since they show for me, I learn everyday a little, next time I host them somewhere else

2. the only way to run the thumbnails with the Episode sheets is when Thumbgen let’s us handle the storage path individually or has some sort of check box which files are allowed to end up in the xml file or shall be recognized as a thumb for that matter. Having said that you might have noticed that creating the thumbs only takes 1/10th of the time for a movie sheets. As you will see I have changed the thumbnails since the red focus coverbox was blocking the episode info, I ran Thumbgen on 3 drives today (2300+ episodes) and it was done while I was taking a shower. The advantage is that it only needs to connect to the internet once to get the main cover, the process of the writing the episode infos on the cover is extremely fast, you’ll run an entire season in less than a minute. It would be ideal if ThumbGen could do it and when I am done testing the new trigger I will put it on my suggestion list and hope he likes it

Hi DeVicious,

This theme requires active internet connection. Yet we have everything stored in the system. 

Any particular reason for this? Can you please change this? or let us know the way to change this?

Thanks.

Hello0154 wrote:

Hi DeVicious,

This theme requires active internet connection. Yet we have everything stored in the system. 

Any particular reason for this? Can you please change this? or let us know the way to change this?

Thanks.

First of all it is a beta version and i am not at the stage where I am concerned about functionality.

I didn’t know about the issue until you told me, thanx for pointing it out. I have loaded other themes that use the backdrop trigger for movie sheets and none of them works in offline mode. The Aeonish Hub does because it is using a trick, so will all others using a trick.

As I said I haven’t looked into it but my assumption is that this is a firmware thing since locally stored backdrops been activated just recently, prior to that backdrops were downloads from the internet, the xml file was containing a bunch of links to the jpg files. I am assuming that the firmware still checks for an internet connection and if it doesn’t find one it doesn’t even bother to read the backdrop. I’ll certainly adress that in WD’s suggestion thread.

Since the Hub is a network device they probably never thought of it, I never thought of it either.

Don’t take what I said for a fact this is an assumption, if there is something I can do in the code It will be released in the new version.

I copy “rv_gallery_browse_page” in Aeonish theme and even that stopped working in offline mode.

I m not a XML editor. I can only copy paste :smiley:

Hello0154 wrote:

I copy “rv_gallery_browse_page” in Aeonish theme and even that stopped working in offline mode.

I m not a XML editor. I can only copy paste :smiley:

…because you have overwritten his code that triggers the movie sheets! both themes aren’t compatible with each other, the easiest solution for the moment is a network cable ur a wifi usb stick, it’s a “LIVE” hub after all :wink:

Jokes aside, I will look into it when I am done with the scheduled tasks but I assume it is a firmware thing

Please fix invisible empty folders. Its kinda hard to navigate through folders when you cant see them and you cant see the name of the folder. :dizzy_face:

Hello DeVicious.

I have been trying to use your templates but I am not sure which template goes in the Current Moviesheets Templates (Main, Extra or Spare) in the Moviesheet Tab in the options of Thumbgen.

The following is from your Read Me… seriously read me.txt

“In order to make this work properly i suggest to create 2 profiles, make sure both of them save the files locally.  The first profile creates the regular thumbnail, the moviesheet file and the xml to trigger the movie sheet.”  This I understand.

“The 2nd profile creates a movie sheet only, uncheck anything else, the movie sheet is thumbnail sized and should have the same name as the video name/thumbnail.”  This I do not understand.

Maybe message 21 of this thread (Here is how you tweak the settings in thumbgen with screenshots.) could be updated to cover both profiles.

Great theme.  Thank you very much.

mosbricka wrote:

Please fix invisible empty folders. Its kinda hard to navigate through folders when you cant see them and you cant see the name of the folder. :dizzy_face:

download this, unpack the “gallery folder” and replace the existing galler folder in your hub

you’ll find it in the DeVicious images folder inside of the DeVicious Theme folder. Those are temporary icons, i just noticed transparent thumbnails/covers are allowed now so I wanted to do something with it

Hi DeVicious, welcome to the other side LOL…

Think its time to drop the Noob part and in all honesty perhaps the student has become the teacher. Whilst ExtremeMix may have been the starting point your Theme has moved far enough to stand totally in its own right…WOW Great Job.

Few answers to a couple of questions you been asked…

Yes your theme will work offline, BUT first you must run library scan, after that you can switch off…this basically will clean and load the necessary backdrops etc into memory.

Yes the original moviesheet trick i discovered with help from firetix WAYYYYY back depended on using the thumbnail (moviename.jpg) and then streaching to fill out the entire screen, various method based around that idea sprung up.

The newer local backdrop method discovered by justmeme is dependant on using the newer firmware…

TheCooldude, if it helps the easiest way is to create ALL your files at the same time with Thumbgen, ie use the main profile for your moviesheet, and the other 2 for your thumbnails…i personally use the same custom coverbox thumbnail for my folder.jpg and my moviename.jpg. Hope that helps… if set up right Thumbgen will also create your xml at the same time.

Hello CoolDude

what you have quoted from the read me is about TV Shows and also very confusing on my part :smileyvery-happy:

I posted a screenshot last week since that explains everything better than words :slight_smile:

This is for MOVIES in their own folder, if you are using multiple MOVIES within the same folder uncheck “extra thumbnail” (that creates the folder thumbnail)

This should fix it for movies.

Here is what you gotta do for TV Shows

before you start make sure my templates are in the Thumbgen template folder

1. you will need 2 profiles in Thumbgen, name them
  • DeVicious TV Episodes
  • DeVicious TV Episode Thumbs
  1. creating the DeVicious TV Episodes profile works exactly the same as the Moviesheet in the screen shot above, keep the extra thumbnail checked, it will create you a folder.jpg for the particular season, unless you have a bunch of different shows in the same folder then uncheck it.

Open the moviesheets tab and select the corresponding template (DeVicious TV Episode Sheet Mod 3.0).

As a collector you need to check “TheTVDB.com

Process your folders/episodes and you will have working TV Episode Sheets and standard thumbnails

1. Custom thumbnails with episode info

create the profile “DeVicious TV Episode Thumbs”

use "TheTVDB.com" as a collector

Go to General Tab and ONLY check the Main Movie Sheet box (nothing else)

go to the INPUT/OUTPUT/NAMING tab, and put following into the Main Movie Sheets field “$M$N”

ALL OTHER FIELDS SHOULD BE BLANK, MOVIE INFO EXPORT MUST BE BLANK or it will create you another xml file you don’t need.

Now run this process over your already created episode sheets and you will get a custom thumbnail for each episode.

Hope that helped :slight_smile:

extremedigital wrote:

Hi DeVicious, welcome to the other side LOL…

Think its time to drop the Noob part and in all honesty perhaps the student has become the teacher. Whilst ExtremeMix may have been the starting point your Theme has moved far enough to stand totally in its own right…WOW Great Job.

Thanx a lot but I am still a noob when it comes to the coding, I know my way around in Photo Shop but the xml part is still causing headaches. I appreciate your kind words :slight_smile:

extremedigital wrote:

Yes your theme will work offline, BUT first you must run library scan, after that you can switch off…this basically will clean and load the necessary backdrops etc into memory.

omg really? I will adress this on the suggestion site, you shouldn’t have to run the library over it, it is right there and the files go straight to the “.miocrawler_cache” anyways. That sounds more like a bug as a strategic move to me.

extremedigital wrote:

TheCooldude, if it helps the easiest way is to create ALL your files at the same time with Thumbgen, ie use the main profile for your moviesheet, and the other 2 for your thumbnails…i personally use the same custom coverbox thumbnail for my folder.jpg and my moviename.jpg. Hope that helps… if set up right Thumbgen will also create your xml at the same time.

Exactly :slight_smile: this is for movie sheets

for TV Shows you need to run it in 2 processes otherwise it would refer to the episode thumbnail in the xml file as a backdrop since there seems to be no way to tell thumbgen to only write the sheet into the xml. If I am wrong please jump right on it and correct me… I am a noob after all :slight_smile:

Thanx for helping me out here with replies :smiley:

Thanks all for the help. I got it working now. :slight_smile:

extremedigital wrote:

Is there any method that it works when library is on but can work offline?

When library is on it stretch the movie.jpg file rather than movie_sheet.jpg.

It works for me in offline mode thanx to Extrmedigitals good advice. Works in both modes Library and Library off with the new firmware

Hello0154 wrote:

Hi DeVicious,

Thanks.

NOT a programmer of xml…but would removing this line from the moviename.xml file stop this?

unfortunately that doesn’t do the trick :cry:

I am sure it’s a bug in the firmware or something they never thought of because their devices are probably always online.

I wouldn’t have found out about it either since I would never ever remove my hub from the network.

I have adressed the 2 hottest boiling issues that are related with my theme and the system how i trigger movie sheets to the suggestion forum, please vote for it and add further ideas in case you have something to add.

Movie Sheet Delay

Movie Sheets in Offline Mode

Hello.

First, I will assume that your are using Thumgen to create your theme.  Correct me if I’m wrong.

I was trying to do some small changes to the TV Episode sheet but it became obvious that there was something missing.   After looking around, I noticed that the Common folder is missing from your theme package.  This folder is a must in order to make change to your theme.   Could you add this folder and any other which might be part of your theme to your download link.

Another reason for this request is that I am planning on creating a new theme for the Live Hub which will be derived from Lstar337 LCARS theme.   I believe this will be a challenging project.

Cheer.  :)

yes he is using thumbgen d TG designer. you need to search the themes section for extremedigitals template megapack. it consolidates a bunch of templates and contains the desired common folder