DeVicious Gallery Theme 1.8 Beta (Nov 6th)

Hi Tommyboy,

I’d recommend one of the last 2 firmware updates ideally the newest since this is the only one i worked with.

Regarding your question about the files produced by thumbgen…

Make sure you have the newest Thumbgen version that allows local backdrops

You’ll get following files for “avatar.mkv”

folder.jpg (if you have each movie in it’s own folder)

Here is how you tweak the settings in thumbgen with screenshots.

Hit Options

go to the Moviesheets Tab and select the template “DeVicious Lstar_Alucard_Mod_Split-Sheet_Movie (FullFan)(CoverBox)”

(if you cannot find it in Thumbgen find the folder in the files from my download and copy it in the thumbgen template folder)

I hope that helps, I remember trying for hours coz i didn’t have a clue what the most check boxes do.

Good Luck though :slight_smile:

@ Extremedigital

totally agree with you regarding the icons, i played with this idea myself but figured where they are right now they don’t hurt a soul :slight_smile:

Thanks for helping me:smiley:

I am getting  a lot closer but now i have the thumbnail showing on the bottom like it is supossed to but it also shows up in the middle of the screen over top of the moviesheet.

any suggestions

yeah that happens right now when you have the library mode on, i haven’t deleted the thumbnail yet for libaray mode, i have it turned off because it takes ages when I am adding new content for the library to include it. If you can turn it off in Settings/System. You probably will find that your Live Hub is working faster now, no more delays when starting the video file.

In the next version I will have that thumb turned off.

ok thanks , will give it a go

Nice job on the theme

Its too bad the photo slide show  settings won’t go lower then 3 seconds

in order to achieve what exactly?

i have mine set to 1 hour so it won’t temper with my backdrops

DeVicious wrote:

You’ll get following files for “avatar.mkv”

folder.jpg (if you have each movie in it’s own folder)

avatar.mkv_sheet.jpg: is this used for the backdrops? And you disable the backdrops in TG [as I hate them] is this file still required?

Hello drizzt09,

in this early version I am using the avatar.mkv_sheet.jpg (stored locally) as a backdrop triggered by the xml file

<backdrop>Avatar.mkv_sheet.jpg</backdrop>

All real time fonts are gone in this version so if you’d disable backgrounds you would see the theme background but no information at all. The movie info is displayed by the jpg file entirely. If you don’t generate the file and disable it in TG it is not required but you’ll see no movie info at all. Other version will come with more versatility

DeVicious wrote:

in order to achieve what exactly?

i have mine set to 1 hour so it won’t temper with my backdrops

My mistake, i thought it did something else

I wasn’t too happy that the movie sheets basically didn’t look different as the original ones even when i mod them,

Here my new attempt to make them go more with my theme.

LINK DELETED BY DEVICIOUS - NO LONGER RELEVANT

Looks very Nice

I wish there was a way to get  rid of the delay when switching moviesheets.

Actually they should load faster as they do, I haven’t looked into it but I assume this because of the photo settings which should not correspond with moviesheets, i am going to fix all my design ideas first and then i give it a go on the code, a friend of mine is going to help me since i can only do basic things.

LINK DELETED BY DEVICIOUS - NO LONGER RELEVANT

Yes theme is great but the delay of loading backdrops is terrible… i have tio wait at least 3 sec to load the movie info. Its unacceptable! But WD dont want to fix it seems!

I can’t argue with the loading time i am still having the idea for a workaround of these silly slideshow preferences, there has to be a way to bypass them and load the background directly.

I am kinda frustrated right now and I hope someone can give me a good advice.

I was playing with the pre-rendered movie sheets in the “library on” version. It was easy enough to figure out how to do it however when using the “pan” command it appears to be that the movie sheet gets blurry by… let’s say 15%.20% when running the same file as a backdrop it was sharp as a knife. I realize that not anyone has a high end TV and most people probably don’t see the difference but I a lead to believe that someone who goes through the troubles creating movie sheets and exclusively watches files in High Def that this would be a major turn off. I checked other themes they are doing brilliant designs but even use lover resolutions as 720p for their sheets which I assume is for better performance.

I also noticed when creating the sheet and cover on the same file side by side with sheets 720 pixels high it starts getting terribly slow when you have several files in the same folder (which could be my code)

What do you guys prefer?

performance over quality (quick display of movie sheets but blury / pixelated sheet)

quality over performance (high def movie sheet but need to wait aprox 2-3 seconds to show)

Would you turn the library off if it wasn’t necessary to trigger the poster / movie sheet

would you prefer a version where you can turn this thing off? (because you don’t use any of the features)

would you prefer a version where you can turn it on? (i use the features I need the library)

Obviously my theme will work in library on and off mode, i just need to determine some data to know what kind of sheets I will do and what to focus on.

I’d love to get as many ideas as possible even if you never intend to use my theme, I am sure it is intzeresting for all the others as well.

I like quality on thumbnails and moviesheets. I disable the backdrop image[in thumbgen]. I think the only item I use the media library for would be “trailers”.

Awesome work!. I personally liked the design of the 1.03 beta better. More simple and suits the hub well

Looks awesome but I can’t get it to work. The sheets looks alright but on the hub it doesn’t show up. Maybe it helps if you upload your moded theme.