Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for DOS - blank screen

I’ve been reading around and I found that Bill_s wrote on 10-21-2010:

“In light of the recent argument that I had to pull, I did some research on the DLG Diagnostics utility.  If you’ll notice, the download was last updated in October of 2008.  I found that on some of the newer systems the CD will not load the program.  If the utility is compatible with a system, it should load all the way into the utility.  So, you’d be able to start whatever function you wanted.  However, if it’s not compatible with the system, then it will do exactly as it did for your system.  You will have a black screen and the utility will not execute.”

Since then the download has been updated, so I’m just wondering if what he said is still accurate?  Because I’m getting the same black screen with the current version and I’ve tried just about everything.  Running it from DOS is essential in my case because I don’t have a spare drive to install Windows on.

Craized wrote:

I’ve been reading around and I found that Bill_s wrote on 10-21-2010:

“In light of the recent argument that I had to pull, I did some research on the DLG Diagnostics utility.  If you’ll notice, the download was last updated in October of 2008.  I found that on some of the newer systems the CD will not load the program.  If the utility is compatible with a system, it should load all the way into the utility.  So, you’d be able to start whatever function you wanted.  However, if it’s not compatible with the system, then it will do exactly as it did for your system.  You will have a black screen and the utility will not execute.”

Since then the download has been updated, so I’m just wondering if what he said is still accurate?  Because I’m getting the same black screen with the current version and I’ve tried just about everything.  Running it from DOS is essential in my case because I don’t have a spare drive to install Windows on.

No, the new version should be fine.  However, you need to know that the utility has to be run from a Windows machine to create a 3.5 inch Dos floppy.  You can’t just download it to a floppy.  You will also need a floppy drive in order to run the utility.  It won’t work if you try to do it on a CD.  However, we are looking into getting a CD version.