Dashboard problem - No info in Capacity usage

Agreed… will avoid WD with any future releated HDD / NAS purchases ive had this issue for months and months and no firmware updates have helped…

all content scans etc say idle, even if it was scanning a year or so should be long enuf.

New firmware brought back my capacity display!

I had the same problem, with old firmwares the Content scan was not finished, but the capacity was shown, with the FW v04.04.00-303 was the “Capacity” field empty, and it was endlessly scanning the content. The reason were incorrect jpg files, I spent a couple of hours to find and remove them. In the log were lines like

Error    Transcoding failed for: ‘/shares/username/olddisk/foldername/IMG_2858.JPG’

They were in backup folder with the content of some relatively successfully rescued HDD, with plenty of damaged files. Why must the WD My Cloud transcode all backup files and folders and stop on wrong ones??? Especially when all media functions are turned off?

After removing all bad files and restarting the My Cloud everything works well.

Which log file ? user.log ?

Why must the WD My Cloud transcode all backup files and folders and stop on wrong ones??? Especially when all media functions are turned off?

Those are good questions…

The answer to the first question is that it insists on creating thumbnails of images for use with the remote access tools; the thumbnails are nothing to do with the Twonky media server.

You can kill the thumbnailing process:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Hidden-wdmc-directories-created-by-mcserver-and-photodbmerger/m-p/682091

1 Like

The correct log is    /var/log/wdmcserver.log 

Activate SSH on My Cloud, run putty, log in (root, welc0me - 0 is zero), change password and then use commands

cd /var/log

cat wdmcserver.log

or use then WinSCP to find and open or copy the log file.

tried reboot, reset, scan, update latest firmware…nothing works…capacity showing FREE while it’s actually like 60% full…

disappointed with WD support on this…