CoCo (Linksheet)

I decided to search and see if there are any custom themes for WB live hub and seems there are here.

I’ve never obviously installed 1 of these before.

this one looks really cool. Is there any guides anywhere on how to install themes? And do I have to make individual backdrops and all that myself for this? Because I have hundreds of movies and like 100 TV shows and it’d obviously take forever and not worth the time.

I run the latest firmware.

Thanks for helping - TW, Joey, and Drizz. I was albe to get the Darklight running, then took Drizz advice and used the CoCo for the SMP. I know it gets old repeating the same instructions, but I swear, this was not easy to find. This is a labor of love all the way though, and I appreciate the incredible work on these themes. I’m also wondering how people get hundreds of movies setup for this - both on the drive and then the movie sheets. Lots of time to burn!!!> drizzt09 wrote:> > * * *

pwhitworth wrote:

OK Joey & Tinwarble. Looks like my eyes are bigger than my stomach. Just caught up in how gorgeous this theme looks, and wanted to make it work. I will heed your advice and just stick to creating some nice looking covers, and use the sstock themes. I have read all of these documents, but it seems that so much of what I read was for previous firmware, that it was difficult to decipher what was relevant. 

Appreciate your responses. Moving on to creating the movie files for the hard drive, and a few tweaks for cover & movie data. 

You can always try the CoCo [non-linksheet] theme

Hi TW,

In your read me file you mentioned a psd file to design your own foldersheets.  I can only seem to find the xcf file.  Any suggestions?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Cheers

*.xcf is a GIMP Template file (GIMP will open *.psd … dunno if Photoshop will open a *.xcf)

Thanks Have installed GIMP and now just having a play around (looks similar to photoshop)

Thanks again

Does this option work through network shares at all.

What do you mean, “this option”?

Are you refering to Linksheets?  Then yes, whether it’s the internal drive, directly attached drive or network share it works.

Linksheet is file name based, meaning if the file has a name and the HUB will display the file name it will show the sheet.  It doesn’t matter where the file is located.

Hi

I am a complete newbiee here I have just purchased the WD Live Hub 1TB I have added all the movies I have around about 800 movies. Today I have just finised using thumbgen the latest version with all my movies having movie sheets and info saved in each movie folder. I have downloaded your CoCo theme to desktop but what do i do now.

All i am asking for is a step by step dummies guide to installing the theme and getting the thumbgen stuff working with the theme.

As for this theme, as stated on the first post:

DOWNLOAD NOW AVAILABLE - ADVANCED USERS ONLY-------(You should know how to use Thumbgen.  There is no guide for this theme and will not be for some time.)

However, as for installing a theme (any theme)

Download the theme and unzip it to your PC.

Map your HUB as a network drive.

Enable “Show hidden folders” on your PC.

Access the HUB from your PC and navigate to the “.wd_tv” folder.  Open the folder and then “theme” folder and copy the theme (entire folder) from your PC to the “theme” folder.

On the HUB, go to Setup / Appearance / User Interface Themes.

Select the theme you want, then Apply.

As for Thumbgen, a tutorial can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?82991053b0fr50b

This is not for this theme though.

However, as for installing a theme (any theme)

Download the theme and unzip it to your PC.

Map your HUB as a network drive.

Enable “Show hidden folders” on your PC.

Access the HUB from your PC and navigate to the “.wd_tv” folder.  Open the folder and then “theme” folder and copy the theme (entire folder) from your PC to the “theme” folder.

On the HUB, go to Setup / Appearance / User Interface Themes.

Select the theme you want, then Apply.

There really should be read only Stickys for basic things like this on a Forum ?

“How to install a Theme on the WDTV Live Hub”  Sticky

"How to install a Theme on the WDTV Live Streaming (SMP)  Sticky

I Might try asking “Management” this year … :wink:

fyi … that’s a Carnivàle reference

Hi TW

Quick question… does this work on SMP as well?(wanting same theme on Hub and SMP)

Great looking theme

Thanks

Yes & No.

It does work, but there is a limit as to how many sheets you can have on the SMP due to the theme size limit (30MB).

There is a work around for the SMP here: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/homebrew-now-available/td-p/523646

But you do that at your own risk and as of now I’m not going to support it for the SMP.

Also, and the is to everyone, I would hold off on doing to much with CoCo (Linksheets) because I am making some changes.  Right now I’m involved in a new doing a new PC build, but as soon as I get it done I will be back developing.

Great looking theme. 

I tested this on my Hub that was doing the original Coco theme and got it to work in all aspects but having difficulties on one. I tested on 5 movies. Of the 5 movies and their respective sheets copied to /.wd_tv/theme/CoCo (Linksheet), I was only able to get one of the linksheet to show in the background, For that one, I did so many different things to try to get it to show. I went through the system menu and restarted, deleted the thumb folder in .wd_tv, deleted .mio_crawler_cache and different combinations of those items.

What is the key to getting those linksheets to show up after moving them to /.wd_tv/theme/CoCo (Linksheet)?

My other questions is, if I move the .xml file, how does the crawler pull data for the search database for search by actor, director, etc?

sounds like you’re using the media library

linksheets does not work if the movie xml’s contain the tag

you must remove the line from your xml’s

system will likely make you clear the cache, delete .wd_tv folders, just like you mentioned

The cause was when renaming the Linksheets, I had two periods infront of the extension. The screen resolution was so high and the periods were so small they looked like one period.

Hi TW, 

Any news on a new update for the theme?  Checking back everyday

Thanks

Hello,

I am using this on my WDTV Live SMP, and it’s working very well! Your theme is so compact that I have more than enough space to put up linksheets and foldersheets (not an extremely heavy user).

Anyway, is it possible to remove the text in the top left that says the name of the device I’m sharing from? I would like to make more room for the title.

Thanks for this awesome theme :slight_smile:

Has anyone played with this theme and found a way to change the background (RV_BG.jpg), but have the main “buttons” (Show Video, New Firmware, etc…) to be transparent when selected, as are the buttons on the right and left? I’ve tried editing the main_users_icons, video_icons, and a bunch more, giving them either a white, black, or transparent background, but am getting nowhere. Any help is appreciated, as this is already an AWESOME theme, but just fun to try and tweak for my own personal insanity!! LOL.

Vuunderboy

Note: main_videos_icon_f.png and most of the other _f.png are wanted to display like the main_videos_icon_n.png and their corresponding _n files, so I can see the background set, as I left and right navigate through the “menu”

Again, thank you for any help. What a great community this is!

You have to figure out what portion of RV_BG was used as the backround for the button. Take a look at main_videos_icon_f.png. That will give you a hint as to what’s being done.

It doesn’t appear that any portion of it is being used, as main_videos_icon_f.png has a similar, but different background. I’ve completely deleted any portion of that image which I don’t want shown, but any part that is transparent is showing up black, which isn’t even a color of the background. I’ve also deleted the entry for main_users_icon_f.png which looked like that could have been the background, but i’m still seeing the same thing. Ano of the non-focused buttons, are able to be shown transparently (to the right and left of the center “selected” button) without issue.

~Vuunderboy~