CoCo (Preview / Pre-beta release) - UPDATED 9/08/12

CoCo Preview Release -  UPDATED 9-08-12 (For Firmware 3.xx.xx and later)

This is a preview release of CoCo.  This theme is not complete, so please do not post telling me that “this” doesn’t look right or “that” doesn’t match the rest of the theme.  IT’S NOT COMPLETE THIS IS JUST A PREVIEW.  The only views that have been designed for now are (in order of pics) Home Menu ,  Video: Gallery, Preview, Large, Video (grid), and Listview also Music: Listview.  Nothing else has yet been modified.

With that said, moviesheets, thumbs, metadata is set as is.  So if you decide that you want use this theme you can generate your moviesheets, thumbs and xml data without having to worry about them change with later releases of the theme.

If you have used either my Mojo or Darklight themes, then the set up is the same. If you have NOT used those themes or any themes, please don’t ask questions here right now, look at the Mojo or Darklight threads were you are sure to find the answer to nearly any question you might have.

Download:  CoCo Theme (Updated 9-08-12)

Download:  CoCo Moviesheet template

Download: Coverbox Template

Download:  CoCo test folder

8 Likes

I remember seeing this awhile back on: http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1483198/9

Theme looks nice, kudos

Yes, that was someone who reposted what I had in the SMP forum, http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/CoCo-Preview-release/td-p/445494

I really like this theme Tin.  I appreciate the hard work you put into it.

CLEAN!! I’m liking this!

I remember seeing this awhile back on:[Deleted]

Yeah, great site. Much better than the wd community forum.

Too bad this theme is not working properly on the wd tv live version at the moment, it seems some recflection codes are not working. Great home sreen though. I will use it for my own custom theme (I build themes, but I don’t share them).

Well, if you like that forum better then why come here to try and take other peoples efforts and use them for your own benefit?  That forum is just a regurgitation of what’s found on this forum, so I don’t know what makes it better.

Also, there is no “reflection code”, that you think that there is a reflection code and don’t understand how this is done in my themes means you haven’t used any of my other themes.

Looks Great Tinwarble!

:smiley:

Very nice work Tinwarble.

I am loving the layout and colors so far.

The only thing stopping me from ever using this fine theme is i need more thumbs to be showin in a gallery view.

For me the ideal numbers are 14 to 16 thumbs using a gallery page type view.

Thats all i can see missing so far for my taste.

Other then that, awesome work. I will be checking in on this fine theme as you make changes.

Thanks,

Cheers!

Thanks guys!:smileyvery-happy:

@littleg68,

The reason that I’m not going with more thumbs in the Gallery view is:

1. And mainly, that’s not the look that I was going for.

2. A grid of thumbs would cover the backdrop.

3. More thumbs = slower scrolling

4. The HUB/SMP doesn’t cache thumbs to a  NASs like it does for the internal / attached external drives, so the HUB/SMP tries to always regenerate the thumbs because the internal cache is temporary and limited.

5. No matter what it looks like, someone is always going to want something different and I don’t have the time, energy or the desire to cater to everyone.

1 Like

The list view looks very great, it works very fast.

but i have a problem, the covers for the folders are showing wrong, maybe they are to big

Try these: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/TW-Genre-Folder-Icons-Updated-6-10-12/td-p/414968

Thanks for the info Tinwarble, i understand :slight_smile:

If i could figger out the code needed to give me what i showed you i would just do it myself. But i have no skills at this.

I love the theme and the overall feel it gives. I think you choose a great color that’s easy on the eyes, yet rich and elegant.

I also must say your home menues are the best yet i have seen IMO. Just Awesome!!! LOVE it!!

If its easy for you to give the code for the gallery view as i wanted, i would be grateful and i would just make the change myself.

If not i understand you are very busy.

Ether way, thank you for a VERY nice theme.

Cheers!

You can check this out here: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/XML-DATABASE-formerly-Request-for-all-Themers/m-p/140608/highlight/true#M410

1 Like

[quote]

Well, if you like that forum better then why come here to try and take other peoples efforts and use them for your own benefit?  That forum is just a regurgitation of what’s found on this forum, so I don’t know what makes it better.

Also, there is no “reflection code”, that you think that there is a reflection code and don’t understand how this is done in my themes means you haven’t used any of my other themes.[/quote]

Reflection is the wrong term, my folder.jpg images are too big, on some covers it looks like a reflection, but now I see what the problem is. I have looked at your other themes, but they are not my taste (I don’t mean this in a bad way, I enjoy your work here on the forum).

On the other forum was only a message about your work and that you were creating the coco theme and a link to your postings. I like the tweakers forum more because I am a Dutch user and the forum admins are quit strict about asking question, here you have a lot of time the same questions again and again and that is not my cup of thee.

My knowledge of html and other web based languages is quit high due to my job, so it’s not a problem for me to create my own theme. So I am just here to catch some other xml codes to get some new ideas. I am not attended to share my own creations because they are really personal build and a lot of people would complain about some behaviors that don’t fit their setup.

Well, I hope you understand due to my lack of writing skills in English.

Bump for update Sept. 1, 2012

1 Like

Thanks TW.  I’ve been checking everyday for an update.  This is my favourite theme.  Very nice job with the music view.

Hey  Tinwarble, Loving this theme.

Gallery: Im wondering how come you put the reflection code in the image instead of in the theme?

Hey drizz,

Well, for one thing, so I can switch themes without have to worry about regenerating new thumbs since all my themes are using the same thumbs.

For another, so that I don’t have to worry about image distortion like there can be when using the mirror effect.

And lastly, for speed.  It takes less time to display one image than it does to display 2 (or rather the same image twice).  Also, because if you access from a NAS the more images you have to display (even if it’s displaying the same image twice), the more it will have to dump the cache to display thumbs.  Because the HUB/SMP doesn’t cache the images to the thumb folder on a NAS like it does for an attached or internal drive, it only caches to the internal memory and there is a limited amount of space.

ok makes sense, thanks for the explanation. another question if you dont mind…

What code would I change if I wanted to add a second row of icons in Gallery? and is there a way to remove the feature of using photo slideshow for images or would tht be a whole rewrite?