Clean OS (Debian), OpenMediaVault and other "firmwares"

Hi Toe-kne3,
On the DSM 5.2 You do not need to do it from the terminal you can always do it from the DSM gui it self and this us the easiest way
Just go the the storage/file manager on the DSM
And you will find the button to map any network drive to you file system and it is permanent mount ( survive a reboot)
I am sorry i can not give you the exact steps cause i have removed the DSM 5.2 and back to clean debian but when i had the DSM i did it from the GUI

Nope.
Need recompile samba from sources (add synoacl and other Synology mods + WD stuff, of course).

@Fox_exe i have a 6tb wdmycloud v2, i can not boot the dsm 6 without the usb stick, the installer can not install, so i have removed all partitions, after that, i can install dsm 6 , but i have no volume, it is crashed. remove and add did not work, the new volume will be also crashed after formatting. do you have an idea?

Greetings

My WD is messed up…
Upgraded to debian to jessie, then it messed up my OMV, then i purge OMV…
When i try to install OMV again
i run apt-get update - Works
I run apt-get install openmedia vault - Then it say it cant find my downloaded omv packages…

How can i completely remove OMV, and then start all over for install OMV 3.0.x (only one there can run on jessie)

or do i completely format my WD, and then start over… i have a backup of my files from WD om my PC…

For Debian Jessie - OMV v3.x only.

yes i know… i have change in the sourcelist and it download omv3 , when i start install it cant find the downloaded packages… send a log later…

Hi @Fox_exe,

i am new at these topic.

i use your system turtorial for wdmycloud gen1.

it’s omv Release: 1.19 Kralizec.
now my question.
can i upgrade to omv 2.x? and how?

and sorry for my bad english :slight_smile:

Better way - is to install Clean Debian (Jessie) first, then install OMV inside.
Note: OMV links will removed soon (I need more space on gdrive).

Hello @Fox_exe . I would make you my compliments for your great work for Gen1.
I would like to know if you’re preparing DSM 6.0, for Gen1?

Nope, i tired.
Now - i busy with Mirror (1gen.) and wdmc Gen2.

There will be a possibility of porting DSM 6 on Gen1? I can be a beta tester, if he wants.

Yes, of course.
But i dont need “beta testers”. I need real programmers/engeeners/developers for “full” port (make 100% functionality)

I am happy that there is hope for porting!
But I am really sorry for not being able to give more help than this …
I hope you find real programmers/engeeners/developers with which to make a complete porting. Maybe you could make a topic where you can invite volunteers who can join in this project with you!

Hello @Fox_exe,
Thanks for your great work!

Is it possible to instal DSM 6.0 on WD EX2100?
Or, do I need to write some driver?

The DS216 from Sygnology have the same processor.

At least can you tell what is needed to make it work?

Thanks in advance

Just revrite few string in kernel sources (write correct model ID and Gpio ports). For 100% functionality - need write new synobios module.
If Ex2100 have Armada 370/375/380 CPU - i already wire modified kernel (but w/o correct synobios). For test - need UART connection to hw console.

@Fox_exe Thanks a lot for the answer. I really appreciate.
Yes, I have one USB-UART cable from FTDI, that I can use.
I have some knowledge about Linux/Android device drivers, but I still need some indications to know what needs to be done.

Unfortunately the Ex2100 have the Armada 385 CPU. =/
Anyway, I just need to write a new synobios module for the DSM 6.0, right?

Thanks again.

Almost.
For WDMC Mirror (DS212j analog, armada 370) i modify network driver (Port 1 instead of port 0), few gpio pinouts (fan, leds). But something missed inside synobios, so leds and fan not fully controlled.
More info - on my g.Drive, or in Skype (In my profile)

Hi @Fox_exe,
I have a mycloud and was preparing myself to put DSM5 on it following your instructions. I have downloaded the required files from your google drive but cannot understand the below:

STEP 1

Download Recovery package and follow steps from “BOOT TO RECOVERY” to step 8 (telnet access)

Or use “Boot recovery from HDD” method if first not work.

Can you advise from where can i get the recovery package for MyCloud?

Hi @Fox_exe, I was able to install DSM in MyCloud. I wanted to ask you or anyone here, is is possible to change the default mount options , i need to enable journaling quota, i made changed in fstab and after reboot it resets back to default options. I need to know from which script is it defaulting the fstab file, so that i can add my parameters there.

Google for it. DSM unmodified.
Smething like this: Set a Quota on Your Synology NAS to Keep Space from Filling Up | Lifehacker