Clean OS (Debian), OpenMediaVault and other "firmwares"

I am interetsed in the same:  how to upgrade kernel?

I have had clean debian on here with owncloud install for over a month.  It is running fine, except the load average never goes below 3.00 i saw somewhere else that this could be a kernel bug so that is why i am interested in upgrading the kernel.  The version I have now is what was in included in Fox’s clean debain build.

Thanks to Fox and all that made this happen!  My WD my cloud works so much better with this clean debian and my cloud installed on it.

no… i try it from the v4 firmware. i saved the data, with a external usb drive. how can i recover the mycloud with 4tb. i tryed the solutions i read in the forum, but nothing works with restore image from extract firmware files, and my linux know how are bad :cry: …i net a easy tut with step by step to recover the bricked cloud and i use the lubuntu live cd and i have in the command fdsik -l the message Permission denied

i have problem… point 1 to 7 works with and now point 8-1. see this in the terminal… root@lubuntu:/home# mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=1 --metadata=0.9 --raid-devices=2 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdb2
mdadm: super0.90 cannot open /dev/sdb1: Device or resource busy
mdadm: /dev/sdb1 is not suitable for this array.
mdadm: super0.90 cannot open /dev/sdb2: Device or resource busy
mdadm: /dev/sdb2 is not suitable for this array.
mdadm: create aborted

DSM 5.2 Test build available in G.Drive folder (Read _howto_install.txt)

Only for test/acquaintance)!

1 Like

about valid serial/mac pair for DSM, maybe this helps:

http://xpenology.me/how-to-generate-synology-mac-and-serial-valid-pair/

Folks: I have run out of disk space in the rootfs:

df -h

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs 1.9G 1.9G 0 100% /
/dev/root 1.9G 1.9G 0 100% /
tmpfs 23M 208K 23M 1% /run
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 10M 0 10M 0% /dev
tmpfs 144M 0 144M 0% /run/shm
tmpfs 114M 12K 114M 1% /tmp
/dev/sda4 3.6T 72G 3.5T 2% /media/bc8f7ec7-cbcb-44fa-886c-5c26db749d1c

How do I expand the size of the root folder?

Привет всем, помогите пожалуста востановить мой ВД.

После установки дебиана немогу установить openmediavault, получяю каждый раз ошибки

Google translate:

Hi everyone, help pozhalusta restore my HP.

After the installation of Debian can`t install openmediavault, poluchyayu each time an error

root@MyCloud:~# dpkg-reconfigure locale
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = “en_US.UTF-8”,
LC_ALL = “en_US.UTF-8”,
LANG = “en_US.UTF-8”
are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale (“C”).
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
dpkg-query: package ‘locale’ is not installed and no information is available
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: locale is not installed

как чез телнет установить обратно родной софт?
в линуксе я не очень, если можно то пожалуста пошаговую инструкцию отката.

спасибо

или может кто через теамвивер зайдёт и поможет?

Google Translate:

Chaz like telnet set back the native software?
in Linux I do not really, if you can then pozhalusta rollback step by step instructions.

thank

or who can go down through teamviver and help?

Can not help me further?
I now have a dead WDcloud

Hello guys, i have just purchased WD my cloud. i uptaded it to latest FW. 

Now i want to install OMV on it. 

if i follow the steps at first post, will it work ? (im using latest FW). 

Yes, its replaces firmware and works on any fw.

* Dependencies: mdadm and dd tools.

Is there a way to increase the size of the boot partition?  Running out of space for Emby to install.  I don’t want to risk destroying the data partition!

@ Fox_exe how stable is DSM for daily use? Does Cloud Sync service and desktop app work for syncing files between computer and NAS?

Maybe it would be a good idea to make a new thread, just for DSM?

alinescoo wrote:

@ Fox_exe how stable is DSM for daily use? Does Cloud Sync service and desktop app work for syncing files between computer and NAS?

Maybe it would be a good idea to make a new thread, just for DSM?

18 days uptime.

For cloud services need valid serial-mac pair. Read XPEnology forum about it.

But sync with G.Drive, box.com, dropbox and OneDrive - works good.

Hi,

I can’t access the dashboard of OMV. I insert the login information but I recive a blank page. How can I fix?

Thanks for your work Fox!

I have the following problem after the last update, I can not select any other option of the panel. But running ssh is normal, including other applications sickbeard or transmission.

To fix this, re-install Debian clean and then upgrade to OMV, it worked perfectly, after a few hours, try to connect again, but do not have access from the web interface, either by ssh. When checking my router I realize that does not take the IP address that is reserved, reboot a few times and the lights go white and in less than a minute remaining in solid green.

Try the TFTP recovery without success, there is a way to perform the method of recovery 1 without losing data?

Hello, Thanks an Fox_exe for the great Work. 

I have question to understand the first Post.

What schould happend if i do all the hings in the first Spoiler Tab? 

1. Download dump and Autoinstall.zip
  2. Unzip all files in one folder - in "Public" for example.
  3. In web gui turn on SSH access
  4. Download PuTTY For Windows and run it.
  5. Use user name "root" and password "welc0me" (by default)
  6. Change directory to directory where you extract files (Public for example) and run install.sh:
    cd /DataVolume/shares/Public
    chmod +x install.sh
    ./install.sh
  7. After ~10 minutes device automatically reboot (Don't close PuTTY until he lost connection!)
  8. Optional: Connect to SSH again and run "/run_me_after_reboot.sh" (include slash) for fixes and tuning.
  9. Login to webgui using IP address or its name http://mycloud/
  10. User/password: For ssh: root/mycloud, for webgui: admin/mycloud (or admin/openmediavault if you drop settings to default from webgui)

I copied the Files on my Box. Run install. Somethings happens, no Erros appear in the time the ssh connection is not closed.

Then the box reboots. 

After reboot theres still the dashboard an the ssh login is still “root” and “welc0me”.

I thougt the scripts install omv ?

thanks 

uagde

Hi everyone!

I installed OMV ages ago on my WD my cloud and never used it… what happens if now I press the reset button on the unit?

Did anyone start writing a Wiki or all the major info are in the first post of the topic?

Did anyone check the Rockstor project, which is a linux home-nas on a btrfs filesystem?

Many thanks to all the contributors

1 Like
  1. If you press reset button - nothing happend. OMV not used that stuff.
  2. I have many materials about this device. If you need something (And you speak Russian) - i try to answer. Some useful info available in my Google.Drive.
  3. BTRFS: Yes, you can run it, but you cant get speedup or similar (Low resources - 2corex650MHz CPU and 256MB ram)