Clean OS (Debian), OpenMediaVault and other "firmwares"

Hi!

I’ve installed the 64k version of Debian on my WDMC, but after some testing I’d like to use the standard clean debian image (4k). But unfotunately, the install.sh script is unable to install the new image because the package mdadm is missing. Also it’s not available in the default 64k repository.

I tried adding 4k repositories to install it, but can’t be configured (probably because it’s not compatible… i know my way through debian with the help of google, but i’m defininately not an expert…). I successfully managed to build 64k packages (htop to test) with the latest v4 WDMC GPL source code on a Debian virtual machine from the following tutorial :

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/GUIDE-Building-packages-for-the-new-firmware-someone-tried-it/m-p/770653#M18650

But i found out that building mdadm is a pain because of too many missing dependencies, and i would need to build and install each one of them prior to build mdadm…

Has anyone successfully managed to install the other images provided by Fox_exe from Debian 64k with its installation method?

I already bricked my WDMC once because I messed with install.sh by changing md0/md1 partition, had to unbrick with the SystemRescue method, to finally realise that the missing mdadm package generated the error when installing a new image. I would prefer not to unbrick again to install debian 4k because I still have SSH access to WDMC.

Thanks for your help, I really like the fact that we can finally use the full power of WDMC without the original firmware!!