Can't reset and install my old My Book Live

Hi there, I have an old My Book Live (2010 maybe) that I haven’t used for years. I forgot the passcode, so I’m trying to reset the whole thing and install it using my newer laptop with OSx Catalina. The issue is that this My Book came with a disc, and my laptop doesn’t have a disc drive anymore. Is there anyway to download the firmware/software for this project or is it too old?

If this isn’t an option, is there a way for my to perform a factory reset and clear the whole thing, so I can get rid of the My Book and buy something newer? I tried using the customer services earlier, but they weren’t super helpful with this My Book because it’s older. I’ve pressed the reset button on the back for 40 seconds a couple times, but I can’t tell if the whole thing has reset because I don’t have the firmware/software to know if this My Book is even working.

Appreciate the help!

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBA article: Pin Reset and System Only Restore My Book Live & My Book Live Duo Instructions

Hi Logan, is there any chance someone from WD could provide some assistance on this thread please… many WD customers VERY unhappy at the moment.

Thanks

@Logan.S hasnt been on the forums since 8th June, so I don’t think they will be appearing to help in that thread

Haha well worth a shot!
Thanks though.