Cannot Connect to MyCloudHome

Device offline, plese try to fix this. I had already checked my plugged in and connected to the internet which they all looks good. It might be from the company server problem. // Thailand

This is terrible. Jeez I need to be connected to WD server to access my stuff??? This is wrong on so many ways!!!

2 Likes

Same problem here. WD must allow us acces online and offline. This is wrong now…

2 Likes

Same here as well. I have no patience to wait for their garbage servers. What happened WD?
Your older NAS units are far more reliable for years. Now I have to wait for your servers?
My files better be in the there.

2 Likes

please update us when is up

3 Likes

I having same problems… I unable to access always offline.

Why can’t we use it offline if all of the data is on hard drive memory, not on the server. It is so wrong…
Right now most of the work in our offise is stuck

2 Likes

Same issues in Italy. I still can access Plex server on local network but the whole system appears offline from the outside. The light on MyCloudHome is solid white, it’s not blinking…
I will never buy again a WD product, they are embarassing.

hello

i’m live in south korea

my device also has same problems (status off-line)

please sort out problems

a world wide case everybody

1 Like

Taiwan has same problem,too
please solve the problem

i am have same issues, who can help?

Hi! I am facing the same issue from Singapore.
I badly need help on this.
Thanks!

I’ve now lost the mapping I had - so now I have no access to MY OWN FILES ON MY OWN DISK.
This is unacceptable.

2 Likes

I certainly hope this isn’t a hacking situation and I also wonder if any other services other than WD are affected?

Here from Spain.

I thought something was very wrong with my unit and tried rebooting it a few times.

It is a relief in a way to know this is external, yet quite unbelievable that this can happen and, moreover, unacceptable that there is no notification whatsoever.

Hoping to have news very soon. Me, and imagine many users, rely on the product for professional purposes.

2 Likes

Yo estoy igual, no tengo acceso a mis datos, esto no puede estar pasando, los ponemos en un servidor de red los datos para ahora no poder acceder a ellos…una solución ya, por favor

Disappointed software engineer here. After realizing my 5 month old device was showing up as offline, I dug through the support pages of western digital and found a reference to a link through which you can download the debug logs. Imagine my surprise, when I found that the device is not able to work because it’s trying to access the services API which have an expired “let’s encrypt” SSL certificate. Expiricy date was September 30th, around 14:00. You’d imagine a company like western digital, selling a device like this, worldwide, would actually buy/use a certificate issued by a more professional authority, with a longer validity period and check regularly for the need to renew it…
But no, they are actually using them kind of certificates I’m using on testing/personal websites…
Seriously WD? The entire world is having their “trusted” personal clouds kept offline because you couldn’t buy a better certificate or deploy automatic renewal?

EDIT: Ok, so this is actually related to a root certificate of let’s encrypt expiring:

Which means our devices just have plain old Android. I’m curious to see how WD is dealing with this.
I’m feeling lucky I have 1 and a half years of warranty period…

2 Likes

My cloud is offline too. I am in Portugal. It is really a problem for me!!

Catarina, se puderes, activa a garantia…