Cannot access photos on Android, on iOS all is fine

Hello!

I am facing some strange problem. When I am opening photos on my Android’s  wd my cloud app then I am getting an error “Cannot access file”, nevertheless thubnails are shown. Using the same account on an iOS device is working without problems. There is no access problems with videos.

Another strange thing is when I’d added a new album to my WD then this album is opening throught Android without problems, but previous albums still don’t. I don’t know whether this is new problem or not as previously I was using only iOS devices.

I’ve tried to rebuild permissions throught WD My Cloud Dashboards by switching folder to Public and back to Private wothout the success. I’ve tried to rescan the multimedia database and this havn’t help.

When I browse photos’ permissions through windows explorer (properties/security), then I see the same set of permissions for photos which are opening and which are not

Hi there,

Try to uninstall the app and then re install it on your android device to see if this helps you out.

Reinstalling of app didn’t help.

On Android I am able only to view photos throught ES explorer under the LAN tab via UNC share. This is third party app and it is very sad that I have to use this app instead of WD My Cloud app. Unfortunatelly it works only inside my home WiFi network.

So not solved.

Found same threads on this forum regarding the same issue. Nothing helped for me. Seems that problem occurs when you are accessing WD my Cloud storadge via iOS and Android devices. In that case something strange is happening and problem appears.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Cannot-access-files-on-Android-phone/td-p/836531

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-3rd-Party-Mobile/Android-app-4-1-2-quot-Cannot-access-file-quot/td-p/873238

After the new version of Dashboard v04.04.00-308 and Android version release 4.4.1 problem has gone. Thanks!

I have the same problem. It was working ok before but now just cannot get access to photo documents through android phone (but computer and I pad is fine), the other files are still working fine.

Need help, how I can fix this problem?