Cannot access files on Android phone

Hello!

I just setup a WD My Cloud 3TB and copied some pictures to a private share. 

When using WD My Cloud app on my android phone, these pictures are getting listed; however, when I try to launch/open any picture, I get the message “cannot access file.” Also, on WD Photos app, I get the message “No photos found.”

On my Windows 8 PC, using WD My Cloud, I can see and open pictures. No problem here.

The problem seems to be only through remotely. I’m puzzled why I’m presented the list of pictures but when I try to open I’m not allowed to.

Thanks for your attention!

Ravi.

Hello,

Are you getting any specific error?

What version of the app are you running on the phone?

Looks like I just needed to be more patient. While I was still copying files to the drive, I had the issues I described but after the files were copied and a little later my issues got resolved by themselves.

On a separate note, my transfer speed was extremely slow (it took several DAYS to transfer 60 GB). Turns out, the cable I used to connect my PC to the router, although Cat 5.E, had issues. After I replaced it, the transfer speed significantly improved.

All, 

I have the same problems for the past 3 weeks. However while my Ipad and I phone get access 3 android devices have the avove issues. Further all Android devices show under clound access / user / clound devices a clock with a red x. Again all IOS devices are fine setup took place identical. 

tryed to find in the forum more details but cound not find a solution. 

I am also having this problem, it was working fine yesterday but today it cannot access the photos.

I have same problem. After today’s update app from GPlay I can’t get acces to photos on Public folder (with “Cannot access file” message). But on USB drive connected to My Cloud works all fine.

tambem Estou com Problema de conxão remota, Tenho Erro (905) alguem Teve o MESMO Erro e conseguiu Solução?

------------------

I’m also with remote connection Problem, I Error (905) someone had the SAME error and managed solution?

I had a problem after a recent update: after months of hassle free operation, I could not access remotely from android phone anymore. The cloud access worked from PC but not from my android phone. I kept receiving the ‘user does not have access or permit’ (I cannot recall) error when I was outside the home wireless network. Then have tried the usual suspects: deleting and re-adding user, reactivating, clearing data and cache for android app, re-pairing, etc… To cut it short: moving the android app to SD card from internal memory solved it, I have cloud access from android phone again.

Perhaps this helps others too.

1 Like

Hi,

I hope you can help, I’m having exactly the sam eissue. I bought the my cloud yesterday have uploaded about 1TB of photos and video and i can access everything no problem except the photos. When I try and open any of the photos form my samsung galaxy S5 I get the spinning circle and then it says the photo cannot be accessed, do I just have to wait? Any assitance would be appreciated

denisdyer wrote:

Hi,

I hope you can help, I’m having exactly the sam eissue. I bought the my cloud yesterday have uploaded about 1TB of photos and video and i can access everything no problem except the photos. When I try and open any of the photos form my samsung galaxy S5 I get the spinning circle and then it says the photo cannot be accessed, do I just have to wait? Any assitance would be appreciated

Which Android app are you using that generates the error? The WD Photos or the WD My Cloud app?

May want to unsintall the app and reinstall it. Sometimes that can fix strange app behavior.

Alternatively, use a file manager app and connect to the MyCloud via WiFi as a local networked file server, and move whatever files you want. This is not a solution for remote access, though.

When I use My Cloud, I can see all the files no on my cloud no problem. Videos and music open and play no problem, but when I try and open a photo i get the circle and an opening message, and then it comes up ‘cannot access’.

When I try and use WD photo again I can see the photo files but when i try and open it doesnt work. Its only the photos that are an issue and only remotely from the samsung s5. I can access them from my phone no problem when I’m home and connected via wifi

Thanks for the reply. I tried the reinstall on both the My cloud app and WD photo but still no luck. Any more advice appreciated. I have over 20000 photos and I’m just wondering if thats the issue?

What is file format of the pictures files?

For anyone who reads this and has a similar problem. I noticed from the wd dashboard that the unit scan was always saying building thumbnails constantly and that it only recognised 1 video file. I rebooted the cloud and then left it. It recognised all the files and completed building thumbnails after about 8hrs. After that I could access everything properly from every device remotely or on the home network.