Can someone help me with my workflow?

Hello folks,

I’m looking for a bit of advice on how to setup my intended workflow!

I’ll give the brief straight away, then go into detail. Oh, I’m on Windows 10.

• I want my Lightroom photos to sync/incrementally backup between my internal hard drive and WD My Cloud

• I would like (when attached) my WD Wireless Pro to sync/incrementally backup to my internal hard drive

So, as above, I’d like to have a constant backup of all my photos on the MyCloud. This would be “one way” of sorts. Anything (pictures) on the hard drive, go to MyCloud.

Also, I’ll be out and about making photographs, dump them on the Wireless Pro and then I want to attach that to the PC and have them automatically sync with the hard drive (which would then be backed up to the MyCloud). Ideally the portable drive would have a full backup of the photos as well.

I don’t mind using Windows backup features or WD software, but I just have no idea how to get this workflow up and running! It’s fine to do it all manually, but it’s a bit of a faff.

What I’m kind of thinking is, dump photos on Wireless Pro, connect to PC, import to Lightroom CC (files automatically copied to Hard drive), hard drive photos incremented to MyCloud. Would that work?

Thanks for any help!

1. Use something like “FreeFileSync” for Windows to My Cloud
  2. Connect the My Passport Wireless Pro to the My Cloud USB drive and do USB backups to the My Cloud