Can I use Encrypted WD My book with WD Security on Android TV

Hi, so for the first time I decided to use WD Security on WD My book- assigning a password to the HDD.
If I wanna Use it on Another Computer or on my Android TV, it will automatically asked for password or the WD Security needs to be installed on every Hardware I’m gonna use?

Welcome to the community @jaber83safari!

It doesn’t appear that there are any tools available for Android-based devices that would decrypt the security afforded by WD Security. It looks like the software that facilitates access is only available for Windows and MacOS.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/13880#subject1

#WDUserRewards

1 Like

So if I encrypt my External with WD Security, say I 'm gonna go to a vacation, I have to unlock my book or take my laptop with me, not a good idea…

At least with the WD Security app it seems so. You might want to investigate whether there is an opensource or otherwise free app on the PlayStore that can encrypt and decrypt files/folders. Since your phone treats it as a storage device, the app should play nice with it. This gets you exactly what you’re looking for… but as for the specific app, I’m not familiar with any as I’ve never run into this use-case.

#WDUserRewards

1 Like