BUG - Resume doesnt work on video files

If you put the box into standby, then any video files completely lose its resume markers so you have to fast forward to where you last watched,

Hmmm.   I do this at least twice a day and haven’t had an issue.

Is this a specific type of video?

Media Server or Network Share, or USB storage?

Are you using My Media Library?

it is USB storage

also it is the wd PLAY box, not the wdtv live smp box (resume works fine on that)

Uggh!  My bad.  I lost track of which forum I was in.   Sorry!

What kind of file are u trying to resume? I remember playng some divx which i wasnt able to jump to certaing time or ffwd.

Try to download some mp4 file to see if the issue happen there also

its on all file types (avi, mkv, mp4 etc)

it just loses track the moment you put the box into standby

it basically isnt fit for purpose and would advise anyone not to buy this **bleep** tbh

Thats weird, i got one wdtv live plus, one wdtv live and one wdtv live hub, and i can tell you that these devices are great.

Did u try to restore factory settings? Upgrade or downgrade firmwsre ?
There has to be a workaround

This is a wdtv play - the budget model but it really is terrible compared to my Live SMP

you cannot even delete folders and can only delete files if you play them first lol

i think the only diffrent with the wdtvlive is that this doesnt allow usb drive.

but, i dont know , i dont own one .

but keep diging, i can tell for my experience that this devices are really great.

play allows usb drives otherwise it would serve no purpose whatsoever! :dizzy_face:

U can play wireless content , internet content

I remember comparing wdtv live vs play and i think that was the thing made me buy the wdtv live. Anyway , try to share a folder on windows and play from there

I know you are trying to help but you are completely missing the point of the problem.

RESUME function doesnt work on media files from my USB. Nothing to do with playing files over networks etc; not that I want to.

Just wanted a budget player that would work as per described in the manual

the fact that you cant even delete folders or files even without playing them suggests how little investment WD made with this product (only 1 firmware update since release and that was over a year ago). The UI must have been designed by a 10 year old :smileyvery-happy:

Anyway, going to send it back to amazon for a refund as faulty

Thanks anyway.