WD TV not recognising ANY files

This is an odd one.  SInce the update I rolled back to a previous version but it still hasn’t solved the main problem.

I switch on my media player let it turn on and then conncet my USB hard drive.  I try and play a file and it tells me it doesnt recognise the file type.  These are all files that worked perfectly before the update and includes mp4’s, m4v’s, mkv’s and avi’s.  So I ejhect the drive, turn off the machine, turn it back on and re-connect the drive and all of a sudden it can read everything again.  Even when it claims it can’t read any of the files they still remain listed on my drifve so it knows they are there.

The other problem is that it no longer resumes play from the last known position if I am watching a file the day after I started.

is anyone else having this problem?

RonASA wrote:

The other problem is that it no longer resumes play from the last known position if I am watching a file the day after I started.

Resume Points only work after shutdown when Media Library is in use (except for DVDs which save resume points externally.)

As far as I know, it’s been that way forever.

as for the oddness

no guarantees

but this is what comes to mind http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/WDTV-Reset-EVERYTHING/td-p/845085

RonASA wrote:

I switch on my media player let it turn on and then conncet my USB hard drive.  I try and play a file and it tells me it doesnt recognise the file type.  These are all files that worked perfectly before the update and includes mp4’s, m4v’s, mkv’s and avi’s.

Sounds like bug #3.