Brand new external drive malfunctioning

I just bought a brand new WD passport external hard drive a few months back before the lockdown started because my old external drive was getting old and starting to have issues…so I backed up all my important stuff off both PCs and before I even got done transferring it all to the new WD drive , it stopped working. At first it was working fine but now when I plug it into my pc or laptop the computer doesnt recognize that its plugged in. However if I go to “my devices” it shows the drive as “functioning normally”. I also can no longer hear the drive spinning up or hear the arms moving around inside which is what I thinki was hearing when it was working fine. I took it to a local shop.to try and see if it could be repaired or if I could get the data recovered at least and was shocked at how much they wanted to do the job.

Does WD have some kind of data recovery or repair service that I could send the drive to? If these passport external drives have any kind of warantee I certainly would still be covered I assume as I only purchased it less than 6 months ago…and it stopped working LITTERALLY the first few days of use after unboxing it. Is there a way to order replacement parts for these drives as well? As in like a pcb board or replacement arms or anything like that if WD will not help and I need to try and do it myself? Any advice/info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. - Steven

No. They only have “Recommended Repairers

Yes, it should be under warranty (do the warranty check)… but be aware, WD is not responsible for Data Loss or Data Recovery. (see Warranty Policy)

No. WD Do Not supply or sell ‘Spare Parts’ … you will need to search online for sellers.