Best LIVE PLUS firmware?

I was having so much fun with my new WDTV Live PLus unit just months ago and now with the update to 1.06.16 B (updated before I came here and read all the horror stories) and I just cant take all the issues I am now having ?

Video settings going back to default after power down. Some video files going OOS when before they were fine.

Some files will not FF - x2 and x4 are fine but anythng after that it either stops the movie and goes back to menu or starts video over.

What happened Digital without HDMI audio (S/PDIF)  ?!

I really dont want to rollback as I see many still had issues even after trying that. I saw some even brick their players by doing so.

Does anyone do custom (third party) FW other than B-RAD

You’ll have to Google that since that can’t be posted in here if you check the rules…

Do the rules state that Western Digital could not sell a product that not only doesn’t work, but goes always worse and worse? My wonderfull WDTV with the last firmware doesn’t remember any more what it was built for, what a network is, how an HD can be read, how to keep playing for more than few minutes. But now WE HAVE THE GAMES!!!

Bobo5 wrote:

Do the rules state that Western Digital could not sell a product that not only doesn’t work, but goes always worse and worse? My wonderfull WDTV with the last firmware doesn’t remember any more what it was built for, what a network is, how an HD can be read, how to keep playing for more than few minutes. But now WE HAVE THE GAMES!!!

Nope, the community rules don’t say anything about WD products, but they do have the following article:

Keep it legal.

• You remain solely responsible to comply with applicable law.
  • Accordingly, you should not post any material
    1. that would infringe on any intellectual property rights of any party including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret or copyright,
    2. that contains any adware, malware, spyware, computer programming routines, software or viruses that are intended to damage, interfere with or in any way limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, intercept or expropriate any system data or personal information, permit unauthorized access to the WD Community or any part thereof or disable, damage or erase any portion of the content or advertisements processed or stored therein,
    3. that is deemed to be illegal by any local, state, federal or international law or
    4. that promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances or provides instructional information about activities such as making or buying illegal weapons or substances.

And, since you have to agree to the terms of use before you can register to the WD community, then you have to follow those rules, else you’ll get in trouble with the mods.

If you’re having problems with your WDTV because it goes worse and worse and it’s not on the rules that it has to go worse and worse, then open another thread for that and bash the games instead of hotfixes, on this thread, I’m telling the OP that the info he is requesting cannot be provided by any community member without getting in trouble or even being banned, as we all agreed to the terms of use when we registered and we are legally bound to respect those terms.

His alternative is to look for that info outside the community. Your alternative is to call WD and tell them you don’t want games.

ThePizzaMatrix wrote:

… Your alternative is to call WD and tell them you don’t want games.

My 'Now we have the games" was rhetoric, it was not the focal point of my post !!

The focal point is that I paid for a product that doesn’t work.

To look for a software that can work on this unit, WD or not WD is a legitimate intent in an user community; perhaps  not in a producer community.

Not to buy WDTV is also a legitimate, not illegal intent, I suppose.

If WD likes to put 100 games into WDTV Live, OK, why not?  but I’d like to be able to play my video form my hard disk  as well.