Do the rules state that Western Digital could not sell a product that not only doesn’t work, but goes always worse and worse? My wonderfull WDTV with the last firmware doesn’t remember any more what it was built for, what a network is, how an HD can be read, how to keep playing for more than few minutes. But now WE HAVE THE GAMES!!!
Nope, the community rules don’t say anything about WD products, but they do have the following article:
Keep it legal.
- You remain solely responsible to comply with applicable law.
- Accordingly, you should not post any material
- that would infringe on any intellectual property rights of any party including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret or copyright,
- that contains any adware, malware, spyware, computer programming routines, software or viruses that are intended to damage, interfere with or in any way limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, intercept or expropriate any system data or personal information, permit unauthorized access to the WD Community or any part thereof or disable, damage or erase any portion of the content or advertisements processed or stored therein,
- that is deemed to be illegal by any local, state, federal or international law or
- that promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances or provides instructional information about activities such as making or buying illegal weapons or substances.
His alternative is to look for that info outside the community. Your alternative is to call WD and tell them you don’t want games.