Audio is out of sync with Video

Sorry.  In re-reading my post I did not mean to come across as demeaning or overbearing, I was just stating what has been posted in other posts similar to this one concerning audio/video sync.  So once again sorry, I sincerely did not mean to offend if I did.

Heh… No worries.   I just thought it was a funny choice of words.  :)

I have sync problems too.

Almost all AVI and MP4 in HD resolution are out of sync up to 3 or 4 sec. 

MKV or ISO in HD are fine.

AVI and MP4 in low resolution are fine too.

I think it’s due to hardware or firmware limitation.

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

I have a WD HD TV 2nd gen w/last firmware 1.01.77 w/1.5TB WD ext. usb drive

Really I want to thank you for your concern in replying ,but I’m not asking for a miracle ,I just want the previous firmware which was working fine for me ,I’m trying to find it anywhere but as if i’m searching for a GHOST!!! ,please try to provide it for all the people who want to downgrade ,as i mentioned ,all the files that has the problem with the desync were playing veryyy fine and very smoothly before i upgrade , so i just want to go back in time and stay as i were ,but it’s just a dream;(.more over a friend of mine who loves WD products has just bought a mini tv player yesterday even though i advised him not to do so ,and guess what ,his device didn’t have the 1.00.37 firmware but has the new one 1.00.60 !!! , he was getting mad of the annoying problem of the desync problem ,i just said WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!.

Dear mohabahmed & Friends

This problem isn’t just annoying; it makes the device unusable for video, and playing video is the whole reason I bought it.

–Jaddie

HELL YES ,it’s not just ANNOYING ,it’s IRRITATING FRUSTRATING BORING PROBLEM.

PLEASE WD STAFF PEOPLE HELP US ,VERSION 1.00.37 PLEASE.

I have a WD TV HD, i don’t know all the difference with yours but i had audio sync problems too and i solved it with this software by converting some of the video. It was fast and ease to convert.

Maybe it will solve your sync problem.

Here where you can find it : Cocoon Software QMC (Quick Media Converter) downloadable on http://www.cocoonsoftware.com .  There is many converting video format.

Hope it can help you guys a little.  Hope you will be able to have your firmware too.

Oh yes…QMC is free, they working with donation.

Thanks for the program ,will try it , but I’m still wondering why not convert my media if it were working very fine without any type of conversion in the previous firmware 1.00.37???.

thanks alot for ur help.

I have had a phone call from WD and they still say its a codec problem,I also mentioned that they look on the forum but  they claim that some people like to slam their products.I pointed out that many people all can’t be wrong !!!

They said they would send me some software to check the codecs I ALL my movies, the software never came.

I have checked about 40 myself and have 4 in sync and the rest out by about 1 second(all AVI files ,all 700mb,all AC3)

There must be someone out there with the knowledge to come up with a answer that we can send back to Wasted Dollars ,sorry I meant WD

Im still trying to find down that firmware for you.

And just a comment.  I looked over this thread, and if you remove me and James K.  there are only like 6 people that have posted over 5 pages and one of those has a Gen 2 unit and is also trying to help.

Oh and you possible will have issues playing HD content as this unit was never designed to manage files of that type, hence the lack of an HDMI port :wink:  Sorry, did not mean to state the obvious.  lol

you STORMRIDER ,JAMES K. & ME are fair enough if we complain about the same problem , at least we are no not complaining for no reason ,there must be a REAL PROBLEM that IRRITATES us to that extent ;(.

I have also been having this sync problem since the last firmware update.

To say it is only a handfull of people having the problem is wrong in my opinion, I have been checking for a new / fixed firmware release for months now.

I mainly bought a WD TV Mini to play video but with the latest firmware is can only be used to play audio, for video the audio is so badly out of sync it is unusable.

Is there any plan to release new firmware?

You are totally right sharpe49 ,I completely agree with you ,and if there is no plan to release a new firmware then WD must provide us with the previous firmware ,at least RMVBs were playing very fine.

WD does not  listen. They have no follow up. IT LOOKS LIKE THEY SIMPLY DON"T EVEN CARE!!! It is a complete waste of time to even try to talk to them … I have watched this no for a few months. That is it!!!

Likely there are many alternatives; here is one:  

I heard that this product is supposed to be very good: M-6600A WiFi Combo; DVICO

http://www.tvixbox.com/product_details.php?product_id=31#

Probably you are right ,but I’ve written about the desync problem on the WD wall on FACEBOOK and one of their staff answered to my post on the same day :

"Thanks for your feedback, Mohab. I have passed your note along to the product team and they will investigate. You may also log your inquiry with our tech support team at http://www.facebook.com/l/cb933;support.wdc.com/" ,So I guess you can all write on WD wall and we can show them how much we suffer from this awful product ,I think WD managers and crew themselves didn't hear about our problem.Regards.

Dear Friends

Maybe the company has been busy developing this:

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/08/09/wd.elements.play.comes.in.1.or.2.tb.hdd/

and hasn’t had time to fix existing problems.

I can’t find any information on the new player on Western Digital’s site. I wonder if it supports component video.

–Jaddie

There’s a whole new forum set up for the Elements Play, and the announcement has Links to WD’s info pages.

I have had this problem with specific DVDs and after converted they had sync issues. If the problem is consistant throughout the whole video, try using Virtual Dub to adjust the time sync.  It is not possible to determine what the problem is without having information on the files, what software was used to convert, what the settings were, and file information from Gspot or mediainfo. 

I have has a lot of success with DVDFab converting files.  The only sync issues I have had were caused by a problem all encoders I have tried have.  They software developers are working on it, but I don’t know if this is at all related, but perhaps people should look for what does work and find what works best. 

Dear Western Digital

Is Western Digital aware of a possible AV sync issue with the Mini?

If so, is the issue fixable via firmware? If so, is a firmware update for the Mini being developed? If so, might you be able to advise a ballpark ETA for the update’s release?

–Jaddie

Oh I am sure by now they know, but there have been no updates I think they hope we will go away, so I am going away… ALL the way to the  ASUS media player.

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=43886&vpn=HDP%2DR1&manufacture=ASUS