Audio is out of sync with Video

OH MY GOD ,AT LAST WD HAS RESPONDED TO ME ,THEY HAVE PROVIDED A LINK FOR THE PREVIOUS FIRMWARE 1.00.37  http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?fid=wdfWDTV_Mini&wdc_lang=en,THANKS ALOT WD STAFF ,AT LAST THE MY PROBLEM WITH THE RMVBs WAS SOLVED.

Interesting , now the big question is does the orgianl version clear up the audio out of sync.

I just got my ASUS O! media player, interface is almost the same as the WD , it has some interesting new features, and NO AUDIO OUT OF SYNC PROBLEMS.

One thing I liked right away is there is only a  preview window for the file you are on , not like the WD where if you select that feature is does a prevew of all the files on the page which takes along time to load, that is why I switched it to list mode.

The answer for me is no

Purchased my mini about a month ago after my friend who has one for a year gave me a recommendation, he has never had a problem.

Immediatly there was a problem which I thought may have been my hard drive or my conversion. But many tries later with different hard drives/USBs and conversions it is still the same.

Went back the older firmware and the problem was worse, very very out of synch, so Im back to the new firmware and back to just plain out of sync.

Ive been trying to play DVD files as well as .avi files and used a number of different devices, but this product just does not work.

My next plan is to get my friends one and try it on my devices.

This needs to be fixed with an upgrade

It is impossible for anyone to offer much advise without any information.  The player works great for a lot of peple, me included.  It is possible you have a bad unit, but if it is just a delay, I would not expect that to be the case.

What version of the device do you have?  Also what software and settings are you using to encode them?

You said you have tried DVD files, are they copied from the DVD or did you encode them?

What player do you use on your computer to check files.  What containers and codecs have you tried?  Also what hard drive are you using?  Have you tried sending a small file to your friend who has a player that is known to be working?

I have found that some DVDs have issues that some encoders can not handle, resulting in a constant delay throughout the file.  If it is “Delay creep” where the delay increases, that is almost always an encoding problem. The problem with some DVDs that caused the constant delay was a problem for every encoder I tried, although DVDFab has revised the encoding engine recently and this is no longer a problem.  In my opinion, that software is worth every penny.  They also have a 30 day free trial, so if this in not what you are using, give it a try.

With DVDFab, I have no problems with any DVDs and the player works great.  No problems at all!

I am using DVDFab, copy DVD to hard drive then encode in batches.

Encode using DVDFab, Generic profile AVI Xvid 720 X xxx, Audio Copy, 2 pass encoding.  Everything else default.

AVI Profile Xvid profile same settings.

I have not found settings for MKV or MP4 that work well, or at all .

Same old same old, blame it on the user.

Tried many files many encodes , not an audio “creep” problem , only if you ask the device to do something complex like ummm “Fast Forward” that the out of sync occurs. But I am happy with my ASUS media player, WD can sit in the corner gathering dust.

Also I see they have left us in the dust as if you go to the produxcts page the Entertainment/ media player our unit is not even listed anymore.

If you happen to still have the link to the upadte page Release 1.01.77 (12/3/09) is the only one to come out after the original firmware and all it updated was the abiltiy to get future updates , which will never come as they want us sheep to bahhh our way over and buy the new TV live versions, wel nuts to that.

[Removed link]