[APPS] My Cloud OS5 Apps Matrix (Third-Party)

Most apps require My Cloud OS5 firmware 5.27.157 or newer. Some apps may be untested on all devices, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Binwalk (2.3.4):

A fast, easy to use tool for analyzing, reverse engineering, and extracting firmware images.

For SSH command-line use only.

Boot Script (1.3.2):

Run a script during the NAS startup process. Includes ShellCheck script analysis tool.

Build Tools (1.9.1):

Build tools for development and testing. Includes bc, binutils, bison, cpp, flex, g++, gcc, libc-bin, libc-dev-bin, libc-devtools, m4, make, ncurses-base, ncurses-bin, and more.

For SSH command-line use only. Requires System Utilities app.

Cross Tools (1.4.2):

Cross tools for development and testing. Includes binutils-arm-linux-gnueabihf, cpp-10-arm-linux-gnueabihf, cpp-arm-linux-gnueabihf, g+±10-arm-linux-gnueabihf, g+±arm-linux-gnueabihf, gcc-10-arm-linux-gnueabihf, gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf, libasan6-armhf-cross, libatomic1-armhf-cross, libc6-armhf-cross, libc6-dev-armhf-cross, libgcc-10-dev-armhf-cross, libgcc-s1-armhf-cross, libgomp1-armhf-cross, libstdc++6-armhf-cross, libstdc+±10-dev-armhf-cross, libubsan1-armhf-cross, and linux-libc-dev-armhf-cross.

For SSH command-line use only. Requires Build Tools app.

Get S.M.A.R.T. (1.2.3):

Display S.M.A.R.T. attributes and values for all installed hard drives. Includes NAS firmware and hardware version information for easy device identification.

Git Server (2.30.2):

An open source distributed version control system designed to maintain large projects.

Includes Cgit web GUI.

Kernel Log (1.2.1):

Display all messages from the kernel ring buffer (dmesg) log for diagnostics and troubleshooting.

phpConfiguration (1.4.6):

Edit the php.ini configuration file and restart the PHP server. Includes phpinfo() function.

phpMyAdmin (5.2.1):

A free and open source administration tool for MySQL and MariaDB databases.

Rsync Server (3.2.3):

Utility for transferring and synchronizing files between computers and storage drives.

Shellinabox (2.21.0):

A VT100 compatible terminal emulator that runs within any modern browser.

Syncthing (1.25.0):

A continuous file synchronization program that synchronizes files between two or more computers.

System Utilities (1.5.4):

System utilities for additional functionality. Includes attr, bzip2, cpio, diffutils, fdisk, file, less, lshw, lsof, nano, parted, patch, squashfs-tools, strace, tar, tree, u-boot-tools, xxd, and xz-utils packages.

For SSH command-line use only.

ZeroTier (1.12.1):

Build modern, secure multi-point virtualized networks of almost any type. From robust peer-to-peer networking to multi-cloud mesh infrastructure.

Hi @Cerberus,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Impressive Job!. I Think I’ll give it a try on my single bay gen2

where is your Task Scheduler app still in development I am intrested in this also :slight_smile: deleted the original post as i seen a download but it just dl`ed the picture lmbo :rofl: :rofl: :joy:

Fantastic!
Rsync server looks great and works perfectly! I really don’t know how to thank…

1 Like

I briefly considered creating an app to enable USB WiFi device support and load kernel modules as needed. However, it would require compiling new device-specific Linux kernels because WD failed to enable the required configuration paramaters.

• # CONFIG_WIRELESS is not set
  • # CONFIG_WLAN is not set

Compiling new Linux kernels for amd64 (x86_64) hardware is easy enough to do, but compiling new Linux kernels for ARM hardware is a can of worms I don’t want to open, so I guess it means no WiFi support… thanks to WD.

Although I would like to have WiFi support for my PR4100 boxes, so I may eventually make it happen, but only for amd64 (x86_64) hardware.

1 Like

Since the days of My Cloud OS5 are numbered, I’ve been moving away from NAS app development and begun experimenting with various methods of replacing the operating system of the PR4100 and PR2100 entirely.

Unraid looks promising, but I’m NOT a fan of pay-to-play software, so I’m not sure how far I’ll pursue it. There’s also Proxmox, etc…

Full hardware control is bit of a problem, but I have that covered thanks to some Linux kernel tweaks and a custom binary hardware daemon I wrote many moons ago, which provides automatic fan speed control and even makes the LCD fully functional. However, the source code is private, and I intend to keep it that way.

Not sure WHY you want wifi support for a NAS box; unless you are turning the NAS into a wireless access point.

It sounds like a formula for REALLY poor performance. For both movies and large file transfers.

Granted; I have the old MyPassportWireless devices. Those are REALLY cool (IMHO); but that’s because they had both WIFI and a battery in a fairly portable form factor. Essentially, it was a portable NAS/Router combination - - → Ideal for streaming media in remote locations (like longhaul aircraft). I miss doing stuff like that. . .but honestly a 1TB microsd card in a (non-apple) tablet is more than I actually need.

Are there any other requirements for MidnightCommander for an EX4100?

After installation, when I try to run ‘mc’ I receive the following error :
/usr/bin/mc: line 2: mcx: not found

I see the executable is linked to ‘/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/MidnightCommander/armhf/usr/bin/mc’. If I attempt to run that I get this error :
/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/MidnightCommander/armhf/usr/bin/mc: error while loading shared libraries: libslang.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is there another BIN file here that includes these libraries?

This was fixed recently, then tested and verified to work properly on the EX2 Ultra ARM hardware. It has NOT been tested on the EX4100 however, because I don’t have the hardware for testing. Download it again, then reinstall the app.

I just downloaded MidnightCommander_4.8.26.240121_My_Cloud_EX4100.bin this morning from this page. Is there another version or location I should be trying?

No, the EX4100 My Cloud OS5 firmware likely has some oddball difference that hasn’t been accounted for. I don’t have time to deal with it now, so I’ve pulled the Midnight Commander app for the time being.

This morning I tried the rsync server package on my DL4100 on firmware 5.27.161. The rsync server daemon does not start …
When I execute: /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/RsyncServer/amd64/usr/bin/rsync --version
I get: error while loading shared libraries: libxxhash.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I saw that I was the first to try the rsync server on a DL4100, so I guess this wasn’t noticed before.
Can I solve this problem myself, or does this require a fixed rsync server app?

It’s just a missing shared library dependency, so it should be a quick and easy fix.There are some differences between the OS5 firmware for each My Cloud NAS device, so things like this do pop up from time to time.

No, the app will need to be updated. However, I’m currently busy with a computer migration, so it may take a while.

OK, thanks for the quick reply! I will wait patiently until you have time to fix it. Thanks again.

@Cerberus, did you have time to build a new package for the RsyncServer (DL4100) yet?

1 Like

Hi! On my Ex2 Ultra (5.27.161) symlink for .secrets not created automatically, need to create it manually. Except this issue, the rsync work fine for synology backup