[APP] MiniDLNA original/patched for firmware V4+ (08/2017)

Yes if you pay for my bills (-: I just don’t understand some of you people. I doing all these out of my interest and free will. May be soon it’s time to pack up and leave /-:

Sorry didn’t mean to imply anything.  Just don’t want to get used to using minidlna and then lose it.  I’ve recompiled minidlna for both the My Cloud and the DNS-323.  Just don’t have the different libraries.  I guess I could spend the time to download and compile all of the packages.  Just would rather have an easier way of putting it back after a firmware upgrade.

Вы должны а хороший день

RAC

New original version 1.1.5-1 released on 2015-09-10  added to the first post!

[20150928]
- Added MiniDLNA v1.1.5-1.

Hello to all,
few days ago I tried to install minidlna on my cloud ex2 with 2.10.302 firmware by following the instructions found on the front page …
Unfortunately, the script is blocked immediately …

So I tried to compile from scratch minidlna and all the various libraries on my debian jessie environment.
After a few days of testing the compilation is successful.
Right now I’m testing the package and it seems to work properly.

In the next few days i will try to create an auto install package and i will publish the detailed instruction to compile from scratch all.

I’d like insert a web administration page like this:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/minidlnawebmin/

someone has already tried or have experience on this?

Any kind of cooperation is welcome :slight_smile:

Greetings

@Andrea82

You’re in the wrong forum section. This thread was meant for WDMyCloud single drive variant, not Mirror/EX2/EX4. Most of us here don’t have your device.

Hi

I just want to be sure, this method is compatible with the new firmware? 

Thanks ! 

@Nazar78 Thank you for your great work! i have been using your work for a long time now. I just upgraded to the latest firmware WDMyCloud v04.04.00-308 : Core F/W and have installed the minidlna v1.1.5-1 latest release you provide and it works flawlessly with my sony bravia smart tv.

This release has ironed a few bugs out. when i force reload it keeps the same server instance to my tv where as before it would add a seperate server name anytime the server was restarted.
Metadata CoverArt works great from my iTunes Movies library on my TV.
Resume feature works better when switching between different movies and remembering last playback position.

Keep up the good work! = )

Only now I can reply LOL. Yup.

No problem. There’s a patched version v1.1.5.patched-1 released which I haven’t updated the first post since this forum was undergoing maintenance.

installed! thanks

New patched version 1.1.5.patched-1 added to the first post!

[20151017] Added MiniDLNA v1.1.5.patched-1.

Built from author2’s source @ SourceForge. Patched with this created by Shrimpkin.
Patch:
Adds [-r] option to rescan without rebuilding the database:
-r forces a rescan
-R forces a rebuild

Creator’s Note:
Shrimpkin:-

◦ On rescan, any directories and files which cannot be access are removed. Any files with different timestamps are removed, then reinserted. New files and directories are added as long as they are readable.

◦ Here is an updated patch (v2) of this feature which cleans up the code a little bit. Also, it removes the duplicate inotify code by modifying the existing inotify code.

Any reason you didn’t add the thumbnail patch?

There’s no thumbnail patch for 1.1.5 and it seems to be different for each version. Unless someone can provide the patch, I’ve no time to look into the codes.

Tried to install minidlna-1.1.5.patched-1 got an error trying to install.
Error-1: Unable to install required files! ‘librtmp1_2.4+20150115.gita107cef-1+b2_armhf’

So I ended up installing the unpatched version of 1.1.5.

RAC

Both patched and original unpatched version of 1.1.5 are using the same dependencies. I’ve no issues installing the patched 1.1.5 on a stock latest firmware and on my modded firmware. Also have seen few peeps installing from firmware 04.04.01-112.

Maybe it was a bad download.

RAC

Could be the case but if it is then the whole package is deemed corrupted which you will not even be greeted with that error. I’m not sure what’s happening in your system but I would suggest you try removing librtmp1 before reinstalling. dpkg --purge librtmp1

Thanks. I have the unpatched version installed.

RAC

Hi, I just install 1.1.5 patched. But minidlna do not auto rescan. How to fix it ? And, Why when restart, minidlna rebuild/rescan all, so , take long time ! How to make it dont do that ?

I searched on Google but there is nothing. Maybe I dont know right keyword.

Did you have the same issue with the original unpatched or even the previous version? The /etc/minidlna.conf should have inotify=yes and note inotify doesn’t work on hard or soft links.