[APP] MiniDLNA original/patched for firmware V4+ (08/2017)

Please can you tell me how to completely remove Minidlna and revert all the changes it made during its instalation?

For all package that you see during the installations, take the first portion on it’s name then do below e.g.:

dpkg --purge minidlna

Warning, I’ve not tested removing the rest of the dependencies, remove them at your own risk.

Can one install just the minidlna 1.1.5 patched version with out having to install of the libraries?

RAC

Nope these are not static builds. MiniDLNA will not run without the dependencies.

No No. I already have the dependencies when I installed 1.1.5 unpatched. Just wanted
to only install minidlna 1.1.5 patched.

RAC

Ah, then it should work, provided the MiniDLNA patched built you compiled is as per the default configure/make.

Thank you very much for this. I cannot get subtitles to work. I have tried various files (video filename exactly the same as subtitle .srt filename), but my Samsung TV is not showing subtitles.
With another DLNA device in my network (also using ReadyDLNA), the Samsung TV does show the subtitles. The tv thus does support subtitles in .srt format. It also supports embedded subtitles in video files, however there is a bug that stops the subtitles somewhere halfway the movies. That’s why I want to try the separate .srt solution.
Any suggestions on what I can try to fix this?

I’m also using Samsung TV and I have no issues with SRTs.

You could try rebuilding your DB minidlna -R then restart service minidlna restart .

Or try various version available see if it could fix your issue.

I’m only helping to compile ReadyDLNA all using official code or available patch and nothing else changed. If you still have issues, maybe you could file a bug report with them.

1 Like

hi~~
I got error on 1.1.5-1 and 1.1.5.patched-1 during install.
1.1.4-1 works fine.
Error messege was “Error-9: Unable to retrieve required files! Network lag or invalid request encountered.
Retry using the permanent donation credentials from your DonationID if you have or try again few hours later.”
How can i solve it?

No difference between them it’s just lag, see if your MyCloud or network is busy then try again.

Thanks~~~ I’ll try later
Have you any plan to build tvheadend pakage(64K)?

Added to my TTD list…

Hello,
First of all thank you for the all your work.
I bought a MyCloud 2 days ago and i installed minidlna successfully.
The only problem is with subtitles.I have an LG smart TV (not Web OS) and I have problem with SRT subtitles.
I can see them but there is a problem with character coding.I can’t see Greek language.
What change I have to do to minidlna?From USB or plex(on pc) i can see the subtitles great.
The problem exist only on WD Mycloud.(Tworky and minidlna do the same thing).

Think the charset used by MiniDLNA is UTF-8. Ok first things first, can your TV accept other character encodings? I’m not sure maybe you can try another PC based DLNA apps see if your TV can display the SRTs properly. Maybe you should also ask the app author because I’m only helping to build it for MyCloud :frowning:

Is there any config file to change how minidlna handle my pc(from LG tv to Generic DLNA device)?My TV plays UTF-8 fine.I dont know about ANSI.Can I change that on minidlna?

I think you may get better advice on a dedicated miniDLNA/ReadyMedia forum.

Hi

I started having a problem about, one week ago. The problem is that any movie comes out of sync with the audio, and as close it comes to the end of the movie it gets worst. I tried with several movies and happens in all of them, i didn’t change anything since the first installtion. The things i have tried:

• Reinstall minidlna “Patched Version 1.1.5.patched-1:”
  • Restarted, stop, start, rebuild minidlna service
  • Restart Wdmycloud
  • Restore factory defaults from TV
  • Restart router

Equipment:

• Wdmycloud (4TB version)
  • LG Smartv
  • Router Technicolor TG784n v3

Can someone help me on this problem? Thank you !

Did you see similar issues with the non-patched version, perhaps previous versions or even with Twonky? Also if you could test on a different player other than this TV or PC.

On pc it works fine.

I tried do patch the original 1.1.5 version and 1.0.24 versio, and the problem still happens. I tried with Twonky, and the problem also occurs. I have restored factory defaults on TV every time i have change minidlna version.

Yesterday i tried to see a episode from a serie (about 45minutes) and it worked ok, everything was synced correctly…

I highly suspect it’s the issue with your TV. Try streaming from your PC using DLNA app like WMP to your TV.