All my problems fix!

Now i love my wdtv live, thanks to wdlxtv live, even got back youtube HD :slight_smile:

ummm are you missing something in your message to explain how you got youtube HD back and why you love the WDTV live so much now?

Just google WDLXTV Live :slight_smile:

For the benefit of those who aren’t in the “know”, this is unofficial (and unsupported) firmware that does have some interesting features (but I would *strongly* recommend proceeding very cautiously if you are even thinking about putting this on your Live.  It’s easy enough to brick your Live with official firmware, let alone unofficial ones, and there will be no recourse (no sending it back to WD) if you do.

Also I’ll note that many of the sites that have this firmware also have malicious virusware on them – enter them at your own risk (and for God’s sake do not use Internet Explorer to visit these sites).

I know , i understand ,but if you do it ,you need to know there is more with that firmware, it’s like jailbreaking an iPhone more stuff, themes, application… I did that because this firmware offer me access to: youtube HD, Apple Trailers, Revision 3 network, Shoutcast and more. and custom themes… I don’t think that WD will offer these extras in future firmwares, and were stuck with that… but that’s my personal view, if people want to do this they have to be carreful and know what there doing… :slight_smile:

I did not purchase WD TV live for things that they were not advertising. I purchase it for the things that they were, and those are not working as “they were suppose to”. I’m just saying that they should deliver on their promise.

with a media serveur, you can ad all rss feed and shoutcast as you want, so in this case, i don’t know if a alternat firmware is a good way just for theme !

piko72 wrote:
Now i love my wdtv live, thanks to wdlxtv live, even got back youtube HD :slight_smile:

better update your signature.

Done …

I have to respect your decision! I have read a lot about brad version

As my only “problem” with WDTVLive is lack of DVD menu…this problem still remains.

However, brad manage to fix a lot of problems a lot of users are complaing off. He’s GOOD!

mkelley wrote:

For the benefit of those who aren’t in the “know”, this is unofficial (and unsupported) firmware that does have some interesting features (but I would *strongly* recommend proceeding very cautiously if you are even thinking about putting this on your Live.  It’s easy enough to brick your Live with official firmware, let alone unofficial ones, and there will be no recourse (no sending it back to WD) if you do.

Also I’ll note that many of the sites that have this firmware also have malicious virusware on them – enter them at your own risk (and for God’s sake do not use Internet Explorer to visit these sites).

Sounds like scaremongering to me.

B-RAD site looks legit to me with no signs of malware.  I’ve just tried the WDLXTV firmware and was amazed to discover that it has finally fixed the 30min disconnect issue when playing MP3s from a networked media server. WD have failed to fix this in five firmware releases!

What’s more, B-RAD seems to be a regular contributer to the WDLXTV community forum, which is a world away from the level of support that WD provide here.

Perhaps WD should offer B-RAD a job!

I’m outta here…

No, I just want folks to know they may have issues when doing something like this (and it was Google that reported the malware sites – whether you want to proceed visiting those is like those signs that say “enter at your own risk”).

Hey, if I were having problems with the Live (and I mean PROBLEMS, not just “can’t get thumbnails to work right”, or “I want to play Hulu” or some such) I’d be the first to try something like this (assuming I had tried everything else).  But just like I haven’t hacked my iPhone, I don’t believe in hacking the Live just in order to get features that weren’t the reason I bought it in the first place.

Yemble wrote:> Perhaps WD should offer B-RAD a job!

I thought of that too… but WD would probably slow down the development processes.

The WDLXTV firmware is BY FAR better with all the enhancements to it. (in my opinion)

Although it is not for the faint of heart as there is always the chance of something going wrong and a bit of a learning curve, but  look at the last update from WD… seems like that installed on everyones machines just fine.

As mkelley said:

“Buyer beware”, but tell you the truth, I never looked back!

If you don’t like the WDLXTV firmware, you just reinstall the original.

Also, to quote mkelley:

“Also I’ll note that many of the sites that have this firmware also have malicious virusware on them – enter them at your own risk (and for God’s sake do not use Internet Explorer to visit these sites).”

Go to the source!

Sheesh!

Nuff said…

Yemble wrote: > Perhaps WD should offer B-RAD a job!

I’m outta here…

The WD engineers are perfectly willing to add new features but WD imposes limits on what can be done, the focus being on stability or core functionality above adding new features.  

B-Rad can spin out as many iterations of a firmware as he likes because he’s not responsible if / when anything goes wrong. 

When something goes wrong and the finger points at WD, they’re liable (just look at the 0.12 firmware debacle).