Future firmware ... when?

We want youtube back !!!

this forum has moderators and (I hope) technical support, I did not notice any comment from them about this issue. it seems that they know what are doing !? The thing that makes me very angry is that I am one of the many folks out there that bought the item (me 1 month ago) for youtube function, payed the item for youtube function and are impotents to use it ! WD should make updates to improve the quality of there products, not updates that make them worse. Let’s think about that !!!

We are currently working on a firmware update for the WD TV Live that, hopefully, will address some of the issues you are talking about.  Moreover, and as I understand it, some of the issues that we’ve been experiencing with YouTube has been a result of changes they made on their side.  We are currently  working to correct that as well.  Please be patient with us.

1 Like

Bill_S wrote:

We are currently working on a firmware update for the WD TV Live that, hopefully, will address some of the issues you are talking about.  Moreover, and as I understand it, some of the issues that we’ve been experiencing with YouTube has been a result of changes they made on their side.  We are currently  working to correct that as well.  Please be patient with us.

Thanks for the update Bill. Of course we will be patient. Let us know when the update is available!

Thanks for the update on Youtube accounts. I just set up my box and will be patient.

It’s nice to know you respond to this boards and give feedback…unlike some companies named after a fruit.

Thanks for the response Bill. This is an awesome piece of equipment at a great price! I look forward to these future firmware upgrades!

My main reason for buying this is for youTube and the second one is to watch personal photos and videos from usb/ext hard drive. I am able to view youTube videos as of now by searching but cannot access my personal account. I don’t mind seeing ads if google dictates it to be that way.

Thanks Bill,

While you are on youtube things, can you have a look so that when I select french as language in WD setup, I’ve french videos in youtube (most watched, …) ?.

Today, from my testing :

WDTV  → YOUTUBE

English → English

French → Spanish :frowning:

Thanks

David

Well, it doesn’t reboot because of Google, that’s because of bad programming of the wdtv.

And I hope they add a way to just keep you logged in, the current system is totally stupid.

whatthehech, skipping back and forth works fine. Use the FF/RW buttons to skip a short amount. While skipping short, if you press ont he the |<< or >>| buttons, it will skip 10min at a time.

Anyone heard anything on a firmware update being released?  It’s been very quiet since the brick event.

I’m beginning to think everyone at WD took a month off for Christmas. I hope they come up with something special soon or mine is going up for sale. They have way too much competition to rely on what they have released so far.  What’s up WD?

I was able to watch Youtube with no problem last week.  I don’t have a private account.  Now all of the sudden it comes up as “No Content” for Youtube.  What is up ?  Wireless works great for Pandora and Live365, but not Youtube.  This was one of the best features of the unit.  Theoretically, the firmware update will solve ?  Is that what I’m reading ?

If any of you are still having issues with this try updating to the new firmware (X.24)- looks like it took care of most of the Youtube stuff from the release notes.