Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

Ces690 wrote:

Hi, new to this with a brand new Hub. I placed the theme in the Hub’s Theme folder but the theme doesn’t show up in the Hub’s “Appearance” menu! Am I missing something, does anyone one have a tutorial for this?

Thank you

should be in its own folder and extracted:

.wd_tv\theme\Alaska Resurface</strong>

or

.wd_tv\theme\Alaska Dark</strong>

StefanS wrote:

Sorry it has nothing to do with this theme, same issue on default theme. But I have figured out, that if I connect it right with USB then no reload and everything is fine. If I use a network share with wired connection then all thumbs are always reloaded. Seems that the SMP is not able to cache the thumbs on a share.

have you tried sticking a small USB thumbdrivedirectly into the SMP? im wondering  if that will help with caching

Thanks, will try these 2 options and report back.:flushed:

ok, renamed folder to “Alaska Dark” and was already placed in the right directory, also tried on USB stick, still the same, I’m unable to view the Theme in the SMP.

Can anyine help? Any additional options?

Thanks

During playing a movie I can not see the whole infobar. In this picture the last line with “Video codec: … Bit rate: … Audio codec: …” is not visible. Is there a possibility to move the whole infobar up? Thanks!

Ces690 wrote:

ok, renamed folder to “Alaska Dark” and was already placed in the right directory, also tried on USB stick, still the same, I’m unable to view the Theme in the SMP.

Can anyine help? Any additional options?

Thanks

my instructions were for hub. i will have to check back to your original post but i thought you were talking about hub. SMP is completely different. it must be zipped uncompressed at root. and the instructions to load a theme on SMP is in the SMP section of the forrums. i dont remember off hand

StefanS wrote:

During playing a movie I can not see the whole infobar. In this picture the last line with “Video codec: … Bit rate: … Audio codec: …” is not visible. Is there a possibility to move the whole infobar up? Thanks!

go into hub settings > appearance and ch overscan [i think thats what its called] from 100% to 95%

sorry, I was referring to the HUB, NOT the SMP, my mistake…

Tried unplugging, replugging, removing theme folders from the “themes” directory and putting them back in - still unable to see them in Appearance/User Interface Themes…

Is there a feature to “enable” the themes? or to clear the cache?

I can only see the 6 default/downloaded themes

HELP PLEASE !!!

drizzt09 wrote:

StefanS wrote:

go into hub settings > appearance and ch overscan [i think thats what its called] from 100% to 95%

found the spot. its called calibration. my TV in bedroom i had to do it. my TV in living room i did not as it has built in calibration.

Ces690 wrote:

sorry, I was referring to the HUB, NOT the SMP, my mistake…

Tried unplugging, replugging, removing theme folders from the “themes” directory and putting them back in - still unable to see them in Appearance/User Interface Themes…

Is there a feature to “enable” the themes? or to clear the cache?

I can only see the 6 default/downloaded themes

HELP PLEASE !!!

here are some images of how mine is structured:

Path where theme folder is {M:\    will be different on yours}. 

.wdtv should be a hidden folder already on your drive[you should not have made one. it will be indicated as transparent and have a period in front]. theme folder should have already been created for you within… should not have to create it yourself.

within the theme folder you should see all your themes. except mochi. within my alaska dark theme folder it should look like this:

and finally when i go to themes on the hub i see the following:

@Ces690

I don’t own an SMP … but from info found on this forum the following…

DO NOT the unzip file AlaskaDARK_V1.2.zip  (yes, i’ve ensured it’s SMP compatible and zipped correctly)

then…follow this guide

To install the theme, download the zip file to your PC, open your web browser (I don’t recommend using IE9, there have been issues), then type your SMP’s IP address to open the Web UI.   Type in your password (the default is “admin”), click on the box next to “I accept” and then click on LOGIN, then click on “Appearance”, then click on “Browse” and navigate to where you saved the “AlaskaDARK_V1.2.zip” file, then click on “Open”.

Click on “Submit”, then once the Web UI finishes uploading the theme, on you SMP press “Setup” on your remote, select “Appearance”, then select “User Interface Themes”, select “AlaskaDARK_V1.2” then when prompted select “Apply theme”.

drizzt09 wrote:

drizzt09 wrote:

StefanS wrote:

found the spot. its called calibration. my TV in bedroom i had to do it. my TV in living room i did not as it has built in calibration.

Isn’t there another way, because then I have black borders left and right?

Can I change the position in the XML-file?

The problem is called  “Overscan”  which is a TV problem (most old TV’s have it… most newer TV’s don’t … or at least have an option to disable it)

The xml to modify is   video_playing_option_menu_page.xml

eg. 

<text text=“@@video_codec” x=“251” y=“685” w=“238” h=“22” fontsize=“20” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left”/>
<text text=“@@bit_rate” x=“476” y=“685” w=“238” h=“22” fontsize=“20” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left”/>
<text text=“@@audio_codec” x=“721” y=“685” w=“518” h=“22” fontsize=“20” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left”/>

Thanks for the feedback. Are these x-y coordinates, but it seems not to be 1920x1080? What is actually a good editor to modify these xml files.

Thanks drizzt09

but unfortunetly nothing seems to be working with themes. My directory is structured exactly the same way as yours.

I unplugged and plugged back my wd Hub and still nothing in the Appearance menu.

Tried putting the theme on a pendrive, unable to see it.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to clear the cache?

Help please !!!

@Stefan S

The maximum resolution in xml’s for themes is 1280x720  … editors: any text editor … Notepad++ is a popular one

@Ces690

When in ‘Appearance’ setting try pressing the RED button on your remote and select “Local Storage” ?

Tried pressing the RED button and selected “Local Storage”, themes still don’t appear on screen…I’m giving up on this!

Do I need to erase all my video library = reformat the HDD or Hard Reset the Hub ?

Ces690 wrote:

Tried pressing the RED button and selected “Local Storage”, themes still don’t appear on screen…I’m giving up on this!

Do I need to erase all my video library = reformat the HDD or Hard Reset the Hub ?

your library has nothing to do with you not being able to see themes, you are able to see downloaded themes. the only thing it can be is how and where you are pasting this theme.

can you take a screenshot of your “wdtv\theme” folder as it is viewed from your PC? save it to an external picture sharing site [skydrive, picassa, photobucket etc]. share the image here.

JoeySmyth wrote:

@Stefan S

The maximum resolution in xml’s for themes is 1280x720  … editors: any text editor … Notepad++ is a popular one

I tried Notepad++, but I still see the whole XML file in one line. Any ideas? Thanks!!

I remove "Indentation" (Linebreaks) from my xml's ... it reduces the filesize

So you manually have to add them back if you want to read it more clearly

Copy and paste the below into video_playing_option_menu_page.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page overlay="1">

<ctrlgrp>
<listbox valkey="browselist" autoenter="1" autoswitch="0" move="row" cols="1" rows="13" lbmask="lr" loop_scroll="1" turbo_trigger="10" turbo_multi="10" />
<listbox valkey="browselist2" autoenter="1" autoswitch="0" move="row" cols="1" rows="4" lbmask="lr" loop_scroll="1" turbo_trigger="10" turbo_multi="10" />
</ctrlgrp>

<image image="image/new_firmware_002.png" x="476" y="122" w="327"h="478"/>

<image image="image/edit_multiple_option_picture_bg.png" x="70" y="47" w="138" h="138" align="hcenter,top" scale="100" scale_type="pan" disable="@@disable-option_menu_thumbnail_bg"/>

<image image="image/option_menu/edit_multiple_option_picture_bg.png" x="70" y="138" w="150" h="147" align="hcenter,top" scale="100" scale_type="pan" disable="@@disable-option_menu_thumbnail_bg"/>

<wrapper y="110" h="21" align="hcenter">
<text text="@@option_menu_date" x="406" w="200" fontsize="24" textcolor="0xc1c1c1"/>
<image image="@@eye_img" x="610" w="29"/>
<text text="@@option_menu_views" x="646" w="116" fontsize="24" textcolor="0xc1c1c1" align="left"/>
</wrapper>

<include filename="./inc_option_menu_page_list.xml"/>

<image image="image/file_icon_015.png" x="0" y="620" w="1280" h="131" scale="100"/>

<image image="image/large_video_gallery_thumbnail_no_cover.png" x="56" y="470" w="154" h="233" scale="100"/>

<image image="@@option_menu_thumbnail" x="56" y="470" w="154" h="233" scale="100"/>

<image image="image/file_icon_006.png" x="42" y="456" w="182" h="261"/>

<image image="image/user_icon_004.png" x="1133" y="641" w="111" h="64" scale="100"/>

<image image="@@option_menu_HD" x="1133" y="641" w="111" h="64" scale="100"/>

<text text="@@option_menu_title" x="250" y="631" w="850" h="30" speed="1" delay="2" fontsize="28" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left"/>

<image image="@@option_menu_rating" x="251" y="660" w="124" h="21"/>

<text text="@@option_menu_date_for_browse" x="476" y="660" w="238" h="22" fontsize="20" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left" speed="1" delay="2" disable="DIS-DateBrowse"/>

<text text="@@option_menu_size_for_browse" x="721" y="660" w="518" h="22" fontsize="20" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left" speed="1" delay="2" disable="DIS-DateBrowse"/>

<text text="@@video_codec" x="251" y="685" w="238" h="22" fontsize="20" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left"/>

<text text="@@bit_rate" x="476" y="685" w="238" h="22" fontsize="20" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left"/>

<text text="@@audio_codec" x="721" y="685" w="518" h="22" fontsize="20" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left"/>

<image image="image/OPOP.png" x="476" y="122" w="327"h="478"/>

<text text="@@info_time" x="560" y="140" w="150" h="30" align="hcenter" fontsize="28" textcolor="0x222222"/>

</page>