Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

Thanks for the thumbgen tip, problem is I have no clue how to use it and tutorials look complex. Will try and give it a go though.

Thanks,

JoeySmyth wrote:

This is a Non-Moviesheet Theme (ie. It’s just using Poster Thumbnails)

3rd Party Software (eg. “Thumbgen” is NOT Required)  it’s optional if you wish to use it.

(Inspired by Xbmc Alaska by Hitcher)

Works and looks GREAT on my smp.

Thank you JoeySmyth.

Cheers

Hi, i love this theme and use the dark theme on my WDTV.  I generally watch more TV shows than films so use the list view as the other views just give me a cover which isnt particularly useful.  

I am wondering if it is possible to add some meta information on the left hand side of the list view?  Maybe making the cover smaller like how it is in the 15 thumbnail vertical view?

Are there any genre icons suitable for this theme?  I did try some from the web but they didn’t look right, on the left hand side it cropped the icon and the quality was awful.

you can use any genre icons you wish.

but, from page (1)

It is Recommended not to exceed a Resolution of 300(w) x 450(h) Dimensions.  
Whilst the Theme will do the best to Scale / Align / Fixratio of the Poster Thumbnails it is Recommended to use Posters with and Aspect Ratio of 2:3 or a Scaled Down Resolution of 1000x1500 which is a Popular Standard Format of the TMDB. Dont use 1000x1500 !  
Use a “Scaled” Resolution … eg. 300x450, 200x300, 178x267, 120x180 are examples of scaled and maintained
Aspect Ratio based on 1000x1500

You can find some Genre Icons to download on Page (57)  example:

Hi

I’ve got the bug of it not displaying x32 fast forward/rewind.  I did see a fix on here but can’t find it, can someoen repost it please.

I have a problem with icons loading.  I’ve put the folder.jpg in folders, some are loading and some aren’t.  They are from the same library collection so size/dimensions are the same as the ones that are working.  Is there a querk with the WDTV SMP to get them to display? I’ve already tried goign to settings and restarting device.

Also I thought the WDTV SMP didn’t load .png files but I’ve had it do it on some occasions.  What is the best thing to d, use .jpg? Convert any .png to .jpg?

both units will show jpg and png… just wont show transparent png properly

in the folders not working, make sure all images are .jpg or .png and none are .metathumb

if no metathumb try these steps:

1. in options turn off media library and clear it.

2. Delete “.wd_tv\thumb” folders on all drives

3. remove power cord from device for 5 seconds and re-insert

4. in options, turn on media library

5. wait for the blinking and library to finish rebuilding

Sorry for the question but I’m not english and I don’t understand quite well the description

Are you saying that the film info (poster, plot, rating, etc.) can be downloaded just from the WD with the scrapper option or this must be done with Thumbgen as otre themes?

Thank you and sorry about the doubt, but I have a theme installed and I have so many films I can have all the Thumbnails done.

can be done from internal WD scraper or TG. which ever you prefer

Thanks! Going to try it

On the main menu (when selecting films, music, etc.) I just see a small (life 1/4 of the screen) square where I select the option.

Is it correct?

I’m using the dark theme

@eherranzr

i can’t see what you are describing.  please post a picture

Is it possible that I can not rate the movies any more? Actually in the 15 Thumbnails view there would be some space left to put the rating information. Thanks!

I have a blue square on top of the posters in the dark theme that isn’t there on the light theme. Here is a picture.

That should not be happening … Try Re-Installing the Theme

The image for the focused frame is located in image > Gallery is named       video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_f.png

It looks like this… .

Did anyone use this theme with a NAS? For me it is almost unusable as the SMP always needs to render the thumbnails. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have a HUB via wire with NAS plugged direct. It loads fine. Then I have an SMP via wifi on another TV. My SMP has to reload the images from the HUB drive and NAS drive. I assumed it was a slower cache do to the wifi. 

1. Does this not happen on the default theme?

2. Are you using media library on or off?

3. Which share connection type are you using (yellow button, internal, share, network, online)?

4. Do you use internal scraper or thumbgen?

5. Is NAS connected direct to SMP?

6. How does SMP connect to Internet, wire or wifi?

Sorry it has nothing to do with this theme, same issue on default theme. But I have figured out, that if I connect it right with USB then no reload and everything is fine. If I use a network share with wired connection then all thumbs are always reloaded. Seems that the SMP is not able to cache the thumbs on a share.

Hi Joey,

New to WDTV Live theming, and taking a look at yours. I absolutely love it but was wondering just one thing. In the default theme, a little image appears to let you know if you’ve watched the video or not. It’s incredibly helpful for us so we can pick up where we left off on a TV series…

Does your theme have any version of this? I’m not seeing it right off the bat, and am wondering if I’m doing something wrong.

In particular, these are the images I’m talking about:

If the theme doesn’t have any version of this, could you guide me into any potential way of doing so? 

Hi, new to this with a brand new Hub. I placed the theme in the Hub’s Theme folder but the theme doesn’t show up in the Hub’s “Appearance” menu! Am I missing something, does anyone one have a tutorial for this?

Thank you