Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

RESOLVED!!!

I noticed that the folder type (properties) was identified as “compressed” instead of a regular “file folder”. I created new folders and copied the content of the theme folders into them…It worked.:smiley:

Thank you everyone for your help.

1 Like

@Ces690

I understand what your problem was now … (PC OS Related)

A “Compressed Folder” is a ZIP file (or RAR or 7z etc)

By Default … “Windows” Hides these File Extensions (and thus, they look like standard Folders)

You need the “Un-Hide” them, to display their file extensions (and then you will see they are a Zip,Rar,7z etc and will need extraction)

Follow this Windows 7 Guide

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions#show-hide-file-name-extensions=windows-7

or this guide for Vista, XP etc

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/865219

Do it now … And it will save you any future hassles

1 Like

@joey:

once again, another question by bessa:

joey, although i didn’t want to try full themes anymore (because of too much work with sheets etc), i just decided to give it another try with your non-sheet alaska dark, because your  folder music view looks really great on my tv :heart:. but unfortunately i don’t have music covers displayed during music playback:flushed:. (only a general folder icon or sth. with a template). also, in your examples i can see the actual playing song in the home menu - but it also doesn’t show up on my hub. what could be wrong?? shouldn’t be any problem for me to integrate your apple music work :heart: :heart: :heart: instead…

general question: is it possible to have this music folder view and then arrange list view within the folders???

ok, my setup … i have all of these for my individual music ablum folders (if you have all of these, then you’ve covered all bases)

Mp3 --------------------- Music
folder.jpg -------------- for Folders  (Filter>Folders)
Album/Artist.jpg -------- for Files  (Filter>Album,Genre,Artist etc)

Album/Artist.jpg -------- for Files and Music Playback and Home Menu Screen
Album/Artist.xml -------- for Info  (Metadata Info)
ID3 Embedded Coverart — for Song/Track Images  (Music Browse/Playback Screen)

Lot’s of “In Depth Info” i posted in this thread a long time ago … http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/%C3%86onish-Hub-FR-Revision-2/td-p/181990/page/76

Lastly, Music (in browsing, display) in “Latest Firmwares” doesent behave the same way as it does in “Older Firmwares”

ie. Latest Firmware broke some things (theming wise)

Here’s a Video/Audio demo (captured on my Avermedia) showing how music navigation and playback works an older firmware … 2.07.17

20MB MKV Download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c1twwiuk66w9eup/20717audiotest.mkv

IMPORTANT: Always check the behaviour using the Default “Mochi” Theme

If you get the same problems with the Western Digital Default Theme then it’s either your files/file structure/file embedding or Firmware that’s the cause.

2 Likes

thanks for your answer and time, joey!

my mp3 are set up with embedded coverart with additional folder.jpgs for artist folder and album folder. no xml. hub is on latest FW. with mochi everything is fine. also with your apple music mini-theme. i guess it will be firmware related.

i will keep my running system then.

thanx! keep goin

in the folder you need the “folder.jpg” and foldername.jpg [exact name of the folder it resides in + .jpg]

Everlast - 2013 - Life Acoustic [folder]

– Folder.jpg

– Everlast - 2013 - Life Acoustic.jpg

– 01-Everlast - 2013 - Sad Girl.mp3

– 02-Everlast - 2013 - Black Jesus.mp3
– 03-Everlast - 2013 - Today.mp3
– 04-Everlast - 2013 - Broken.mp3
– 05-Everlast - 2013 - Stone In My Hand.mp3
– 06-Everlast - 2013 - Weakness.mp3
– 07-Everlast - 2013 - Children’s Story.mp3
– 08-Everlast - 2013 - Stay.mp3
– 09-Everlast - 2013 - My Medicine.mp3
– 10-Everlast - 2013 - Lonely Road.mp3
– 11-Everlast - 2013 - Grandma’s Hand.mp3
– 12-Everlast - 2013 - Jump Around.mp3

1 Like

drizzt09 wrote:

in the folder you need the “folder.jpg” and foldername.jpg [exact name of the folder it resides in + .jpg]

Everlast - 2013 - Life Acoustic [folder]

– Folder.jpg

–  Everlast - 2013 - Life Acoustic.jpg

ok, i understand. i will try with one or two folders. if it works i’ll have a lot to do (260 artist folders with <i don’t know how many> album folders… if i’ll find the time:confounded:> thank you, drizzt09> 2nd thought: i also have lots of folders with various artists, sorted by genre. they each also have a folder.jpg (explaining the genre) but with different covers embedded - so, instead of these covers only the .jpg will show up in music playback . is that correct?

@bessa

i just tested on WDTV Live Hub 2.07.17

folder.jpg does Not display on Home Playback Screen or Music Playback

ID3 Embedded Artwork and *MusicAlbumName*.jpg does

Note: the XML reference code in themes

<image image=“@@album_cover”  …

<image image=“@@info_album_artist”  …

1 Like

hi!

i made a *musicalbumname*.jpg within a folder where all files have different covers embedded. and you’re right, joey, only the*musicalbumname*.jpg showed up during music playback. the embedded had been ignored. but on home playback screen still no appearances.

anyway, i apologize for any inconveniences, but i will not change to alaska then. sorry and thanks, joey and drizzt.

@bessa

EDIT: <image image=“@@album_cover” x=“40” y=“557” w="120"h=“120” scale=“100” bg=“1”/>

has no effect on the home screen (cross checked with legacy theme … it doesnt contain the code)

oh, i didn’t know i have to put the code into the xml - i haven’t looked into it because it’s all chinese for me :cry:  i’ll give it a next try when i’m home…

patience is your middle name :wink:

@bessa

it was my mistake … I should have put the code in there.   *an oversight*

I’ll update all the available downloads to include this code tomorrow

apologies

double checked today,  @@album_icon does nothing on the “Home Screen”.  ID3 artwork displays fine without it.

(WDTVLiveHub Firmware 2.07.17)

JoeySmyth wrote:

apologies

what for, joey… ?

Good evening!

I’m trying to change one parameter about the Alaska theme, but I can’t.

My theme is AlaskaLIGHT_V1.6_15_TBN. I like to see one of the backdrop photos on the synopsis screen. I choose the view that display the 15 covers on the right, and on the left the horizontal photo with part of the cover, and the synopsis down. I want to change this horizontal cover and put the first backdrop there. 

To do this, I edit the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml and replace this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>@@poster**" x="44" y="131" w="445" h="253" scale="100" scale\_type="pan" align="top" bg="1"/><

with this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>@@backdrop_thumb_0" x="44" y="131" w="445" h="253" scale="100" scale\_type="pan" align="top" bg="1"/>

But the result is no image on the left part. I can’t see any image on the horizontal foto: no poster and no backdrop.

What I’m doing wrong? Is impossible to do that I want?

Thanks a lot!

that will not work

the only way to have “backdrops” is to use Linksheets generated with Thumbgen and own a WDTV Live Hub.

(Linksheets are not suitable for the WDTV SMP unless you use Beta Custom Firmware … which i know nothing about)

This is a simple Non-Linksheet/Moviesheet Theme

Here’s some reading about Linksheets and Moviesheets work that i posted a while ago (2nd post down)

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/need-help-very-badly/m-p/536443#M11034

That’s only 1/3 of what’s needed … Thumbgen Settings Config and Batch File renaming are the other steps needed.

Quite a bit of work involved … which is why i chose to keep this Theme just basic Posters.

Thanks Joey. Well, in this case, I try to think another alternative… I have the SMP, not the Hub.

One question: the @@poster that appears in 

<image image=“@@poster” x=“44” y=“131” w=“445” h=“253” scale=“100” scale_type=“pan” align=“top” bg=“1”/>

Which imagen is? I have all the movies in a directory named FILMS. In this directory I have, for example: 

.Avatar.backdrop\***.jpg

And in this path ….wd_tv\thumb\FILMS\ there are various pictures with the cover

The @@poster is the Avatar.metathumb?

I ask this, because if I found where is the cover that this theme reads, maybe I can change this jpg to see a photo inside the left rectangle where I try to see.

Really is this all that I want, see a photo of the film in the same screen that the covers and the synopsis. I don’t want to see the photo on the background at full screen. Only a small photo with the rest of the information about the film,

Thanks again!

it’s all CACHE of the “ONE” Poster Image

If you want a “SECOND” image then you will have to use “Linksheets”

PERIOD

Well, bad notices in that case :o(  If i use linksheets for the second image, I must use Thumbgen, that is the thing that I try to avoid. My intention is use only your Alaska Light Theme with the get info option of the wd, without other software.

One thing more… If I want to add more info to the gallery_browse_page, for example, actors and director, how can I know the name of the field? In the metadata_view_info there are more options, like

<text text="@@movie_director"x="432"y="260"w="620"h="20"textcolor="0x444444"fontsize="20"align=“left”/>

but if I put @@movie_director in the gallery_browse_page.xml, I don’t see nothing. What I’m doing wrong?

it’s   @@director

download the WD Leagcy Theme if you want to learn which tags will work in each view

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?19ayuv1qjrjqii2

Oks, thanks Joey! :wink: