Aeonish Hub Moviesheets Edition

Medic

The “Now Playing” is the same as in the original Aeonisch Hub Theme … i didn’t change it.

Maybe at a later time …

Posted 4 Months ago…

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/%C3%86onish-Hub-FR-Revision-2/td-p/181990/page/88

yes i use thumbgen to create my moviesheets.

i used hubcorn 2.0 before this.

i also have to jpgs in my folder.

my folder structure is-

Folder (jpg) movie cover

toy story (jpg) moviesheet

toy story (mkv) Movie

toy story (xml)

when i go into videos i get thumbnails of my movie covers,

i then have to enter into one of them to bring up the moviesheet.

so wot i ment was how can u have the moviesheet up with the dvd covers at the bottom at the same time?

hope this makes sense

cheers lee

leeharl wrote:

yes i use thumbgen to create my moviesheets.

i used hubcorn 2.0 before this.

i also have to jpgs in my folder.

my folder structure is-

Folder (jpg) movie cover

toy story (jpg) moviesheet

toy story (mkv) Movie

toy story (xml)

when i go into videos i get thumbnails of my movie covers,

i then have to enter into one of them to bring up the moviesheet.

so wot i ment was how can u have the moviesheet up with the dvd covers at the bottom at the same time?

hope this makes sense

cheers lee

your problem is “Folder (jpg) movie cover”

this tells me two things… you have an extra image not needed that keeps displaying where you dont want it… and youhave your movies in individual folders.

you need to make genre or alphabet breakdown folders [how ever you want to sort them] and move you movies into these folders directly. 

Example:

Action [Folder]

folder.jpg [action folder image]

…batman.avi

…batman.jpg [moviesheet]

…batman.xml

…batman2.avi

…batman2.jpg [moviesheet]

…batman2.xml

…batman3.avi

…batman3.jpg [moviesheet]

…batman3.xml

Comedy [folder]

folder.jpg [comedy folder image]

…Police Acadamy.avi

…Police Acadamy.jpg [moviesheet]

…Police Acadamy.xml

…Police Acadamy2.avi

…Police Acadamy2.jpg [moviesheet]

…Police Acadamy2.xml

…Police Acadamy3.avi

…Police Acadamy3.jpg [moviesheet]

…Police Acadamy3.xml

NOTE, if you use metadata for movieshee you need o use metadata for folder image

@JoeySmyth

Yes Joey i’ve read this part of your thread after mMcCorner gave me the “hint”. Your both right about your/this update not being in this mod.

At this point i’m not sure about adding it to the modded theme, kinda like it as it is right now.

I don’t know if it is possible but this is something i’d like to try …

The XMBC Aeon look of “Now Playing”

hi drizzt09

thanks for your reply.

i tried this but still the moviesheet is darkend in the backround with thumbnails of squashed up moviesheets in front.

also if u look at the moviesheet of the film in time, the moviesheet is at the top with dvd covers at the bottom.

how is this possible were r the dvd covers coming from??

leeharl wrote:

hi drizzt09

thanks for your reply.

i tried this but still the moviesheet is darkend in the backround with thumbnails of squashed up moviesheets in front.

also if u look at the moviesheet of the film in time, the moviesheet is at the top with dvd covers at the bottom.

how is this possible were r the dvd covers coming from??

I would have to download the template to see. Are you using Medics moviesheet template or a different one?

ive tried medics one and my one i was useing and its the same.

wot is the metadata then?

sorry its metathumb. if you generate using the hub with new firmware it generates the cover art as a metathumb file instead of jpg

picturename.metathumb

instead of

picturename.jpg

latest thumbgen also has the ability to generate metathumb

If you have a metathumb and a jpg in same folder the metethumb takes over

how do i generate metathumb through thumbgen then?

leeharl wrote:

how do i generate metathumb through thumbgen then?

if you have ALL .jpg in the folder you dont need to worry about it. but if you have a mix, metthumb takes over.

So I would make a decision to either use jpg OR metathumb and stick with it. So far noone that I know of has discovered anything that proves either one is better than the other.

but to change the generation format in TG

options>Input/Output Naming>change the dropdown box from jpg to metathumb [or png is another option which doesnt show right in newer firmware]. you would want to set this for the moviesheet option you have checkmarked. Also if you are  using firmware 3.x+ you want to make sure the movie export is set to XML and “HUB new FW”

i also now downloaded the templates and the theme.

The template does not have a section for the movie cover art that scrolls along the bottom. There are also no setup instructions included with the theme download.

Medic is going to have to write up a tutorial on TG settings and folder stucture if needed to assist with this better as I have personally not loaded the theme and I am currently at work. 

yeh that wud be great if theres some instructions as im really lost at the minute.

wud also be gud if i cud email u a picture of wot im getting on my screen

@leeharl: post a pic on picasa, tinypic or photobucket

@medic: I would suggest the same so your pics post faster and also mediafire is better for hosting your files as no download timer, limit of downloads at a time or per 30 minutes

Medic wrote:

I don’t know if it is possible but this is something i’d like to try …

The XMBC Aeon look of “Now Playing”

woh, i hope, you will do it :dizzy_face:

hi drizzt

ive got the dvd covers at the bottom of the screen now but backgrounds pics keep coming up instead of my moviesheet?

also can i pick wot dvd cover i want for the metathumb?

Well it isn’t rocket science to make your thumbs and sheets, i only made the Movie and TV templates to complete the Aeonisch look of the theme. Folder / Movie / TV thumbs and sheets can be used from every other theme that can handle .jpg so you don’t have to redo everything.

Making moviesheets and thumbs … It has been explained all over the theme forum and right now i feel like i’m inventing the wheel again but hey thats probably what a forum is all about, ask first and maybe use the search option later.

I’m not gonna write a tutorial but maybe these screenshots help you to setup ThumbGen.

General Option tab

Moviesheet tab

TV Show tab

Movie Info tab

Input - Output Naming tab

Tv Home screen

Movie Home screen

Main sheet

Extra sheet (movie / tv thumbs)

Spare sheet (folder thumbs)

The easiest way to setup up a folder structure is to use Genre folders as posted earlier …

e.g.

Action                            (folder)

sample.mkv                 (movie file)

sample.jpg                   (movie thumb)

sample_sheet.jpg      (movie sheet)

sample.xml                  (generate movie info)

folder.jpg                       (folder thumb)

There is no need to have all movies in seperate folders exept when DVD video_ts files are used, better is to convert these files to .iso image files …

The templates i use for folder / movie / tv series thumbs are nothing special and not specific for the modded theme but if you want to use them you can get them at page 1

i know how to make the moviesheets the problem i have with the theme is displaying the moviesheets.

when i scroll over the dvd thumb i get backdrops coming up instead of my moviesheet.

OK that is not theme related but you have to change your settings in thumbgen.

Thumbs no problem but backdrops instead of sheets …

Go to the thumbgen options

Open the tab Movie Info

On the right set it to " Store links to Moviesheets "

Save your settings.

Now your WD will display your moviesheet instead of internet backdrops.

Hope this will get you there.