Aeonish Hub Moviesheets Edition

ok ive done that, does this mean i need to redo all my moviesheets again then what ive already got on my hard drive?

thanks for your help

Your xml files have the wrong backdrop line(s) …

To edit all your xml files by hand is way to much work and takes forever. Using the thumbgen tgmd backup files is the fastest way to redo your sheets but if you never saved them making new sheets is the second fastest way to resolve this.

ok thanks for your help

ive got it working now but the moviesheet seems like a screensaver, it goes off screen then comes back and keeps happening.

also if i want to change the backgrounds for videos,music etc.

how do i do that?

what exactly do you mean by changing the background?

Do you want a permanent background change or do you want it to change according to the cover art?

leeharl wrote:

… ive got it working now but the moviesheet seems like a screensaver, it goes off screen then comes back and keeps happening…

When this happens check your xml file(s) again if there is more then one backdrop line. Maybe your thumb and or folder.jpg is added to the xml to act like a backdrop.

Why / How?

Don’t know …

mMcCorner wrote> woh, i hope, you will do it :dizzy_face:

First the looks then crashing the Hub … :smiley:

hi DeVicious

what i mean is when on the main screen scrolling over video,pictures,music,setup etc.

the background picture changes, i would like to put my own pictures in?

Medic

how do i check the xml’s for backdrop lines?

It’s starting to become the leeharl thread …

How about open them in notepad or a (free) xml editor?

Look for:

sample movie name_sheet.jpg

sample movie name.jpg

If there’s more then just the “sheet line” remove these lines leaving only the correct moviesheet line and save the xml file.

I see the next questions coming …

Changing the Homescreen backgrounds?

You can’t without the menu bar .psd file.

Share this file?

Try to get your moviesheets working first … not at the moment, making new screens.

what is your problem?? isnt the forum for helping people who dont know what there doing.

if thats your atitude u shudnt be on here

wow this the thnx i get for answering your questions?

Try Google for the next one!

no im very greatful for any help i get on here.

i just didnt like your atitude on me asking questions

leeharl wrote:

hi DeVicious

what i mean is when on the main screen scrolling over video,pictures,music,setup etc.

the background picture changes, i would like to put my own pictures in?

that is probably the wrong kind of theme for that, it is using a different technique as the original Mochi theme, this one works with a baked menu on the background which means if you don’t know how to put the menu items on your background you won’t have a menu at all. The Mochi theme allows one basic back ground.

I think what Medic was saying wasn’t an attitude it was advice to make one step after the other. What you are trying to attempt is nothing basic here but you didn’t know that, so you thought it is an attitude, if you know the kind of work that is in modifying this kind of menu screens then you would probably not want to attempt it at all.

The home screens are in the image folder of the theme, not so hard to find in thumbnail view… see for yourself if you wanna give it a shot, it is pretty much self explanatory once you got them.

1 Like

Medic wrote:

leeharl wrote:

… ive got it working now but the moviesheet seems like a screensaver, it goes off screen then comes back and keeps happening…

When this happens check your xml file(s) again if there is more then one backdrop line. Maybe your thumb and or folder.jpg is added to the xml to act like a backdrop.

Why / How?

Don’t know …

that should not really matter, you can’t edit this out for hundreds of files and also the background would refresh itself.

got to setup/photo settings/slideshow sequence and set it to the maximum amount (5 minutes)

in the same menu set the trasition to Fade

brilliant thanks for ur help

Medic wrote:

mMcCorner wrote> woh, i hope, you will do it :dizzy_face:

First the looks then crashing the Hub … :smiley:

OK, the look feel good - so do it :smiley:

excellent work again.

how can i change the pictures in the background so when i scroll on video 1 picture come up. then when i scroll on music another picture come up?

Get the second release of the theme. In the image folder all png files used in the Main Menu Home Screens can be found as overlay images.

You can use these files to create your own Home Screens.

Names of the files: main_files_ico_n.png to main_video_icon_ n.png

If you want to use these in the first release you also have to look for icon_logo4wmc_48x48.jpg which is the Music background. Also copy the files inc_generic_now_playing_home.xml and inc_compiling_media_library_home.xml because i lowered the menu bar and had to change the place of the now playing and compiling library images.

You are free to change it all for yourself but when doing so your are on your own if it doesn’t work.

I may be over looking this, but do you have a pdf of how to setup thumbgen for your theme?

Also, and no offense, but I like the look of the default thumbgen movie sheet better, could someone explain what setting I would need to change to make them look right? Currently, the cover at the bottom shows the movie sheet. Thanks and keep up the good work!