Adding additional HDD storage

I have the WD LIVEHUB w/ 1 TB storage HDD

Its Full

Can I add on an additional 500 gog to 1 TB external USB HDD and connect to rear of unit and use for addl movies?

Yes…

I would go for larger if it’s in your price range. A 500gb doesn’t take long to fill, and you can usually pick up a 2tb for bout $100 or so… I’m looking at a 3tb right now myself…

ok, can you point me in the right direction how to add additional storage via USB

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=260

Something like this, I don’t know your store preferences. It’s simple, there is a cord for the usb to plug into the back & a power adapter you have to plug into the wall/powerstrip. Most come in sizes from 500gb to 3tb. Is that the info you were wanting?

Ok I have an external 500 gig HD and USB plugged into the back of the LIVE TV HUB  unit, now how do I access it from the home LAN to store movies on it.

Same way you copy to the Hub from the Network.

Go to the Network side of your PC and the drive should be listed if your WD Hub is.

As long as it doesn’t have any software that has to be installed like some Buffalo drives & it’s not set to read only, you should be good. You should see it with the hub’s drive. After the media library finishes scanning, be sure to select ‘Media Library’ as the source (the red button) in case you didn’t know about that; it was a full 10 months before I got that heads up from Tony, lol.

georgeberz wrote:

Ok I have an external 500 gig HD and USB plugged into the back of the LIVE TV HUB  unit, now how do I access it from the home LAN to store movies on it.

Are you connected by wire or wireless? If wireless, forget about transferring large files over the network to the Hub. It is painfully slow and unreliable. Best to connect the external drive directly to the PC and transfer files that way. Then connect the drive to the Hub and transfer them directly from within the interface or just view them from the drive. Do not try to transfer them from external drive connected to the Hub by using the PC. This is the same as trying to stream the over the network.