Access Dashboard Remotely

Hi All,

I have been able to go into the My Book Live settings while I am at home but would like to be able to access the dashboard when I am traveling abroad so I can add users/folders as needed. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

Just to be clear, I’m not referring to accessing my files and folders. I realize I can do that via wd2go.com. What I’m talking about is the actual settings for the drive.

Thank you in advance,

Ang

angelinamarie wrote:

Hi All,

I have been able to go into the My Book Live settings while I am at home but would like to be able to access the dashboard when I am traveling abroad so I can add users/folders as needed. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

Just to be clear, I’m not referring to accessing my files and folders. I realize I can do that via wd2go.com. What I’m talking about is the actual settings for the drive.

Thank you in advance,

Ang

I simply sign up for a free remote access account through logmein.com. Then I log into the account, and access my desktop remotely, including the My Book Live dashboard.

Hi,

@JoelH It’s fine, but that way you’ve running your desktop 24/7. So why also have a MBL?

@angelinamarie: I’ve setup VPN connection over my router (FritzBox in this case) and therefore can directly access all devices within my home network. Another way would be forwarding ports 80 and 443 to your WDL.

In all three cases you’ve to know your local routers ip adress, so therefore you would best setup a dyndns account.

regards

Bernhard

The present firmware of the MyBook Live refuses access to the Dashboard UI if the connectee’s IP address is not within the MyBook Live’s subnet.  A VPN does get round this issue.

I guess the Dashboard UI has many security vulnerabilities to be left safely visible on the Internet so W.D. disabled that functionality.

Is there a settings file that we could SSH into to change it and make this possible?