503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Dear WD Staff!

Can we get an estimated time when your service will be fixed? Can’t access to my mycloud home “which is next to me in my desk” since your services are down. I have important documents on that. How much compensation are you willing to pay for your customers? Why do we need to log in to your service if we want to access to our “NAS” via LAN? Or this NAS next to me is still your property?

4 Likes

no, it is still down…

The My Cloud unit should still be accessible on the local network. What is impacted/affected is remote access using the MyCloud.com web portal and the OS5 My Cloud mobile apps.

For local network access you would use Windows Explorer or Mac Finder from a computer connected to the same local network as the My Cloud. For local network access from a mobile device connected to the same local network as the My Cloud, one can use a free or paid File Manager app from their mobile device’s app store.

It’s prompting for a local login, requesting a username and password.

If one has a My Cloud (not a My Cloud Home) they can access the My Cloud Dashboard to see the users and their passwords (or change user passwords). Otherwise one can enter the proper user name and password to access their local network My Cloud’s Private Shares.

How to Access the My Cloud OS 5 Administrator Dashboard
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/29818

Is there a way to run mycloud on a local network only. I want to be able to sync Mydocuments to Mycloud on my network.
Thanks
Danny

The real question is to understand why WD did not notify endusers immediatly on March 26th when they detected a potential securiy breach. It took them one full week before putting their services down without any pre-notication to end_users. Who can tell us today whether the hackers have not silently fetched all our data by using all login credentials from March 26th to April 2nd?

Now, it is useless to cry out but it might be safer to switch off all MyCloud Home devices until we get clarification from WD about potential security breach on our data (if any !).

3 Likes

good morning, would it be possible to know when the mycloudhome access service will be restored? I’ve been stuck with work since Monday. Do you have a certain time frame?

2 Likes

Hello. I am using your wd mycloud home device from turkey. My internal data exchange is unavailable as of Monday. My business is disrupted and I am incurring financial loss. When will this problem be solved?

1 Like

bütün bilgilerimiz kaldı giremiyoruz acil çözün su sorunu bu kadar sorumsuzluk olmaz

If one is worried that the hack of WD’s back end systems may expose their My Cloud. One can block internet access to their My Cloud through their local network router/gateway that the My Cloud is connected to if that router/gateway supports such a setting change. Or one can access the My Cloud Dashboard and disable (turn off) Remote Access/Cloud Access. That should reduce or prevent future intrusion attempts until the issue is resolved by WD.

My Cloud OS 5: User Share Cloud Access and Indexing
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/29223

I have the feeling WD cut off the access because the hackers have the credentials to access our NASes.

Absolutely agree.

If you type http://“your local IP address”/static/login like http.//192.168.x.x/static/login than there is a possibility to access with a local user. BUT, I have NO IDEA if I set it or how I set it of even if I had set it…???
Is there any default admin password available?

Any idea when this problem will be resolved? I really need my access!!

1 Like

HOW TO GET TO MY FILES ??? THISI IS ONLY PUBLIC FILES , I REALY HATE THAT DEVICE , ONE YEAR OF SUFFERING

Which device do you have? A My Cloud or My Cloud Home? They are NOT the same device.

My Cloud Home users may be out of luck when it comes to trying to configure their unit for local network access since it appears one needs to access the MyCloud.com web portal.

How to Enable Local Network Access to Data on My Cloud Home Using the Dashboard
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/34991

There is lots of speculation in this thread.

If you are using a MyCloud Home; you are in the wrong area of the forum - - - the Home and OS/5 product lines (for example, EX2 Ultra; MyCloud Gen 2; MyCloud Mirror) run fundamentally different software.

For OS/5: it is ABSOLUTELY possible to secure these devices from the internet. This action, however, is best done from the router, not the MyCloud Dashboard. If you turn off cloud services, you disable WD normal internet functionality. . .but the possibility of back door access still exists.

From the router you can block all internet access to the device; which should provide pretty decent protection from outside hacking. Instructions on how to do this are router dependent; it varies by brand. I buy cheap $50 routers; and they all have this functionality.

Doing these steps, of course, will disable all remote functionality of the NAS; in other words the WD cloud apps won’t work. (Frankly - - -I Found them generally worthless) However - - → You will have normal access from any device on your network that does not rely on WD apps. For normal file access, I use Windows file explorer. Adobe Reader and my office apps find the NAS units with no problem at all. VLC on my tablets can also read files on my NAS units with no problem.

As an added measure; you can change the passwords and user names of all the accounts on the NAS. Not a bad security measure every once in a while anyway. . . .this way even if by some misfortune “the bad guys” have passwords. . .they will be obsolete.

All these measures can be done today. It is not too late by any stretch.

Just checking to see if any updates. Guess not. This some real b*llshit

2 Likes

Then you only use it locally. I find the iPhone WDMyCloud app pretty reliable for backing up photos…it’s really a pity what’s going on particularly for those with PR series devices which are quite expensive.

Don’t know what the future for these devices would be now.